chapter 69 - knowing you

10 Hours Away

I could feel his bare chest against my back while I was waking up. Noah was still fast asleep as I felt his faint breaths touching my neck.

Reaching for my cellphone, I pressed on the home button to see what time it was; 8:15 am.

Spring was around the corner, so the sun was rising sooner than months ago, therefore, creating the illusion it was later. Also, I had been waking up sooner than usual so I was getting used to my new sleeping routine.

I wanted to stay much longer in bed, but I knew I wasn't getting any more sleep. Once I had gotten out of his bed, I walked to Noah's kitchen; he was too busy sleeping, so he didn't notice me slipping away from his grip.

I tried to be as quiet as possible when it came to shutting his bedroom door behind me. As I was sure I hadn't woken him up, I continued making my way to his kitchen but I wasn't alone.

"Hey." I said to Dylan.

His back was facing me, but he turned around the second he heard my voice.

"Morning, Liz." he replied warmly. "There's a fresh pot of coffee if you want some." Dylan pointed towards the machine.

"Perfect." I breathed out because I could use some caffeine at this time of day.

I opened one of the cabinets and reached for a mug. Filling the mug with the hot beverage, Dylan was preparing a sandwich.

"The two of you had fun last night, didn't you?" he asked after cleaning the dressing off his fingertips.

"What are you talking about?" was my response while I brought the coffee back to my lips once I sat down on the barstool. Dylan undoubtedly knew how to make a strong pot of coffee because this one opened up my eyes.

"There wasn't any hot water left when I got home." Dylan cleared up.

Immediately I started blushing – shit. I knew where this was going.

"Noah isn't someone who takes long showers, so it was easy to figure out what happened last night." the cheeky grin on his face showed me he had uncovered what we had done.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry, Dylan." I apologized forthwith.

Perhaps I said those words to Dylan because I also felt slightly ashamed for getting caught. Never in my life had somebody pointed out that I had sex and they knew about it, so this was a first.

Dylan chuckled. "Nothing to be sorry for, Liz." he conveyed and I hid behind the large mug in my hands. "Are you embarrassed? Your face is very red." I noticed how he enjoyed putting me on the spot.

"You're such a nice friend." I groaned and covered my face even more.

Then I felt Noah's warm and soft lips touching the crook of my neck; I hadn't heard him coming in.

"Good morning, beautiful." he whispered lowly.

"Hi." I said when he wrapped his arms around me. The heath and smell of his body were perfect.

"How did you sleep?" he asked.

I guess Noah didn't hear us talking about the shower, seeing he didn't bring it up.

"Wonderful." I said as I found it hard to wipe the happy grin off my face.

"I already feel like I'm the third-wheel. Or, even worse, invisible." Dylan complained.

Both of us looked at him. "Sucks for you. I'm not going to share her, Dylan." Noah stated.

"She's all yours." he assured him and turned around the get himself some coffee.