Date at the Riverside

Wooyoung closed his coat around his shoulders and pulled his boots closer to put the first foot in. For a moment, he wobbled in a poor attempt at regaining his balance on one leg and leaned halfway against the wall. When San reached out for his shoe with a chuckle, Wooyoung allowed him to close the buckles in his stead.

Once they were clothed and ready to go, both of them stepped outside. The air was wet with the constant threat of rain, but no drops fell in the misty morning air of London. Somewhere in the distance, the clop of hooves on the wet cobblestones gave away the early waking of other inhabitants.

San offered his arm to Wooyoung as they stepped out of the building together. Wooyoung's companion wore a corset vest embroidered with silver brocade that wrapped his body snugly. It accentuated his slim waist that flashed every so often through the peek his billowing jacket allowed. Just earlier, San had combed back his hair neatly until only a single strand fell into his forehead that curled enticingly on his skin. The curve of his top hat's brim added to San's foxy features.

Wooyoung wrapped his hand around San's biceps as they descended the stairs and found themselves back in the alley leading to the secluded corner San resided in. Their breath was barely visible in the brisk air as they found their way back to the main street.

"Where are you taking me today?" Wooyoung inquired as he trusted San's sense of orientation to find his way around the city.

"Down to the park near the river. While it's quite bland and grey at this time of the year, I always find the view spectacular," San smiled back. He had smoothly slipped into the elevated speech pattern and the gallant charisma of this era. Wooyoung's stomach was full of butterflies that danced their happy roundelays.

When they met the crossroad to the main street, Wooyoung and San effortlessly blended with the other few people that milled around. Some quick-paced men were on their way to work and some couples strolled around in leisure. The long and extravagant dresses of the women matched their pretty hats with feathers and chains dangling from them. The duo kept to the side of the road so the occasional passing carriage could rattle by without a hitch.

"How about we also go on a carriage ride after we met Mister Choi? We could explore London't picturesque locations and spend a wonderful time in a dry surrounding," San suggested when he picked up on the way Wooyoung's eyes followed the carriages. His inner romantic was a huge sucker for them and riding one with San for a comfortable trip with no destination sounded like a dream to Wooyoung.

"Why not? I would adore to accompany you on that trip."

San smiled a charming smile. It was less bright and beaming than his usual ones. Fitting to the manner of the time, it was more subtle and hid the larger scheme of his emotions behind a secretive curl of his lips. His dimples appeared still and Wooyoung was over the moon with how attractive the twinkle in San's eyes was.

They strolled through London in no hurry. In between, they stopped at a café to drink something and shared a piece of cake. After a refreshment, they finally made it to the River Thames. The channel was less broad than in modern London and the water less murky even if its trip through grey concrete surroundings still took some of its natural beauty.

On their slow walk along the promenade, Wooyoung's steps matched San's. The click of their heels sounded in unison as Wooyoung marvelled at the spread of water and the combination of the trees that were still weak from winter on the side. As San had said, the view was pretty, and it took the constant reminder of the big city off their shoulders.

"I have been meaning to ask you something for a few years now but you will have to help me remember since my memory fails me in this matter."

Wooyoung glanced up at San to search his face. Some mischief shone in his eyes, so Wooyoung prepared for a cheeky question.