Park Seonghwa

After having no luck at the artist's tower, San and Wooyoung had to change their tactic. Wooyoung had always been a stubborn person and his pride took a hit from his rejection. His need to show off and do a formidable job only doubled with San around. So far, all the people he had met had rather willingly provided their stance on immortality. Now that he was challenged, the chase to getting his information sounded extra fun.

"Our easiest man to access is Seonghwa. Leonardo rarely leaves his tower and bothering him outside might put us on a list of people he doesn't want to associate with. So we better stay clear of his personal home," San summarised their plans, too, not easily swayed by the rejection. Wooyoung was proud of how San dedicated his all to Wooyoung's matters. San had promised him to make the time for it, and he did.

The two men had sat down in an inn near the church that they presumed got frequented by the two artists. If their guesses were right, then Seonghwa might show up here or at another tavern nearby later to get food for his master. Wooyoung and San would use all their charms to convince the man they were worth Leonardo's time.

Wooyoung sat with his eyes on the door while they ate. He rarely glanced at his food or San to watch like a hawk when Seonghwa would come in.

When the maid came over to refill their wine, San addressed her with his chin cradled in his hand prettily. One bat of his eyelashes, and she stood as if rooted to the ground to listen to his every word.

"Say, did the great artist Leonardo ever come by here? The delicious food must have everyone come in, even such exclusive people."

She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and glanced between the two of them. Wooyoung peered at her from the corners of his eyes so he wouldn't miss the door or her if she grew too flirty with San. Not that he was usually an envious person, but now it was his turn to spend time with San. Everybody else got to meet him through the flow of time already.

"Not him, but his handsome apprentice drops by from time to time. He might be here today. Do you want me to hold him up for you?"

Wooyoung wondered what her interpretation of their request was. When San nodded with a grin, she nodded eagerly.

"Count on me, then!" She hurried off before the owner could yell at her to get back to work. Wooyoung relaxed finally when San beamed at him. Under the table, their legs loosely leaned against each other to keep up their constant touch.

They finished their meal in peace. Wooyoung finally got to savour the joy of Italian food and exchanged subtle flirty glances with San over the rim of his wine goblet. They kept their relationship hidden from the judgmental eyes of the passionate Christians around them, but Wooyoung knew they couldn't see the adoration that warmed both of their souls either way. It was like a magical shine that only the two of them got to see.

After eating, they lingered in the inn's corner and shared their wine. Wooyoung was careful not to drink too much, so he would still be conscious once Seonghwa showed up. He was amused to find out that San had developed a remarkable tolerance for alcohol from drinking every day for many years now.

"Tell me about one point in time that you particularly appreciated. One with many happy memories," Wooyoung asked after a while of peaceful silence. San hummed. His brows drew together in their adorable, mindful way.

"I don't know what to tell you; given you were present at all of them." San's charming smile melted Wooyoung into a puddle. He gently nudged San's calf with his own to convey his shyness. San beamed at him, delighted to have made Wooyoung bashful.

"A different one. There had to be more," Wooyoung said.

More seriously, San set his goblet down to adjust his arm into a more comfortable position. Lost deep in thought, he stared at some corner of the ceiling while he recalled long lost memories. Fascinated, Wooyoung stared at the melancholy shadowing his face as he dug them back out.