Rightfully Ours

Wooyoung and San didn't let go of each other, even after the initial glee of their reunion had passed. San stared at Wooyoung's profile while the man talked with Yeosang. Every so often, Wooyoung got a glimpse of the wonder and glee shining in his eyes. Despite Wooyoung having promised him he would return, San still couldn't wrap his head around the fact that he actually did.

Wooyoung found it endearing. For a person who didn't understand time travel and lived through the centuries unwillingly, meeting someone like Wooyoung must feel god-sent. The awe with which San regarded him with made Wooyoung feel fuzzy inside.

"We need your help with something," Wooyoung addressed San after the initial awkwardness of Yeosang's stares had lifted. He didn't mind their closeness, but he scrutinised it warily.

San looked at Wooyoung again. They had to detach their upper bodies so they wouldn't see double as their gazes connected again. Their position was unnecessarily complicated, but Wooyoung wouldn't detach any second earlier than San was ready to let go. He enjoyed being pressed against the man's firm chest.

"We're here because of a book that got stolen from Yeosang. Are you with the thieves?"

San nodded, unashamed. Wooyoung didn't mind him switching around the spectrum of morals. Through history, picking right and wrong choices must get boring and the lines blurred. San was still San. He knew what was important to him, and he had become no more or less savage than he was before joining the thieves.

Yeosang looked far more apprehensive. Yet, he kept any judgment for himself to let Wooyoung talk.

"What book is it? One you wrote?" When San's gaze brushed Yeosang, the man shrunk into himself a bit. No wonder. Wooyoung knew exactly how breathtaking that stare was. He had lost his train of thought because of it often enough.

"Yes," Yeosang replied. He exhaled when San's attention found back to Wooyoung. The immortal's hand brushed one of the long strands from Wooyoung's hair behind his ear. He was so busy staring and appreciating Wooyoung's features that Wooyoung giggled at the thought of San not even listening to them. Being stared at with so much adoration overwhelmed Wooyoung, but he wouldn't confront San with his feelings. Their understanding of how love and dating worked was too far off from each other right now.

"We were in Nottingham yesterday when a group of bandits broke in to steal it. It's about myths and legends. Ones that might interest you, too." Wooyoung lowered his voice around the last part to make it more private. Yeosang's thinned lips gave nothing away about his thoughts on the matter.

Warned by the direness of his mission, San nodded again. Idly, his fingers tapped on Wooyoung's waist.

"So you want me to get the book back?"

"Yes. Maybe it's best to bring it to the inn I will stay at. It's safer to access than passing Ada." Wooyoung glanced at Yeosang for confirmation. The man snickered but agreed.

"Consider it done. I will bring it to you by tonight," San promised. He nuzzled Wooyoung's ear to press a little kiss on the soft skin right in front of it. Charmed, Wooyoung retorted with a peck to San's cheek. When the thief finally stepped away from him, Wooyoung also dropped his arms.

"I will wait for you in the inn 'The Dozing Beaver.'"

"Then I will meet you there. Fear not, I will find a way to sneak off with the book that doesn't endanger your city any further."

San smiled at Wooyoung and Yeosang. Then he settled his hand on the hilt of his sword again to march off. Wooyoung looked after him and marvelled at how good he looked with that sword on his waist.