The Fireplace

Smut chapter!

*******

They kissed for what felt like hours. With the minutes passing, Sǫndúlfr calmed from his episode of panic. Wooyoung massaged his fingertips into the tense knots in the man's shoulders that gradually unravelled. Soft fur tickled his palms as Wooyoung kissed Sǫndúlfr with everything he had.

The taste of tears still clung to their lips, but it ebbed away. Sǫndúlfr never held Wooyoung too possessively. His firm hands spanned Wooyoung's waist in a stubborn hold, but they didn't dig into his skin and they also didn't wander. For a while, nothing but their passionate kisses in the cosy hut counted. Through the warmth of Sǫndúlfr's plush lips on his, Wooyoung felt the fire crackling behind him as it warmed his back, and the wind outside tugging and dragging on the roof. All cold that snuck inside through the wooden beams got repelled by the flames.

Wooyoung had closed his eyes to fall fully into the feeling of Sǫndúlfr's lips on his. They were just as talented kissers as he remembered them being in Rome. In his blurry memory, the movements of Sandalius' lips had nearly driven him crazy with how they made his toes curl.

Today was no different. Sǫndúlfr kissed him to remember and to find closure in hours of confusion for both of them. And yet, the drag of his tongue against Wooyoung's was so delicious that Wooyoung's thighs clenched and unclenched where they were spread around the man's hips.

For a long time, Sǫndúlfr didn't advance their session any further. As long as his dread still poured out of him, he entertained Wooyoung with kisses, but he wasn't able yet to initiate anything more. Wooyoung didn't push him. While they kissed, he was just as busy reorganising the information in his mind. The knowledge about this immortal and how the implications of eternal life had made him suffer had barged into Wooyoung's mind like a flood. In the time he spent just sitting on this gorgeous man's lap while their tingling lips dragged over each other languidly, he stored as much of it away as he could.

But oh, Wooyoung had a long day. From arriving, to nearly drowning in the frozen sea, to getting pronounced a sacrifice to the gods, to meeting an immortal. Wooyoung needed the relaxation their kisses brought just as much as Sǫndúlfr.

Wooyoung's fingers that carded through Sǫndúlfr's hair got stuck in little braids every so often. As he explored their texture with his fingertips, he decided he liked the long hair on the other man. It wrapped around his fingers lovingly.

With how detached and pleasantly warmed both in his body and in his heart Wooyoung was, he probably would have fallen asleep while kissing the other man had Sǫndúlfr not moved. The inaudible gasp that tumbled out of Wooyoung's swollen lips as soon as they got released for the first time in a long while sounded loud in the hut. As he blinked his sleepy eyes open, he found two crossed swords hung up on the wall above the bed in the corner. Sǫndúlfr's hair tickled his chin as the man kissed along Wooyoung's throat. The little marks he sucked into Wooyoung's skin left enticing shivers in their wake.

Compared to Sandalius' drunken fervour, Sǫndúlfr took his time to explore Wooyoung anew. One hand balanced his back as he dipped him further back so he could kiss over his collarbone and chest. When his teeth caught onto a hardened nipple, Wooyoung arched into him with a whimper. A warm tongue soothed all of his worries. As Wooyoung melted into the feeling, Sǫndúlfr slipped his second hand lower to tug off the blanket that had remained bunched around Wooyoung's waist. Since Wooyoung raised his bottom to help him, Sǫndúlfr pressed an appreciative kiss to his chest.

"You're beautiful. So sensitive," Sǫndúlfr muttered against Wooyoung's skin. The historian blushed furiously at the compliment. He nagged his heart for its gleeful jump. He barely knew Sǫndúlfr. Seungyoun would kick Wooyoung if he knew about this.