Celebrating Destiny

Start from the beginning

HE WAS A PERVERT!!

I was about to shout when I saw him walking out of the bathroom with fast footsteps. From outside, I heard Nandini's voice.

"I am sorry master. But it was Rajmata's decision..." 

"What were you doing when you were given the responsibility to stay with the guest?" The other side seemed very angry. The voice seemed so familiar but whose was it? After giving an earful to Nandini, he stormed off the room. I just prayed to lord that it was not Abhay. After a long silence, when I felt that he was out of vicinity, I decided to come out of the bathroom timidly- still in my towel. Nandini came to me and started apologizing immediately.

"I am so sorry madam. I went out because Rajmata wanted me to make you wear some jewellery for tonight. I went to get those from her and so I didn't even see when master Arju..."

"What did you say?" I cut her off in the middle.

"Yes. That was actually master Arjun. He is the second heir to Gayathri Devi's property. He must have been tired and thought it to be his room since both rooms are side by side you know." My head started reeling listening to her words.

Arju...n? It was him? How can a man be so stupid? Moreover, he saw me like that? I didn't even see his face. Dammit! Why am I so stupid!

Arjun's POV

Today is so tiring. Work is more than the usual and I was asked to finish everything before 5 today. Afterall it's my dear brother and Mansi's reception. 

"Mansi..." The name still gives a ache in my heart. I still remember that warm smile she used to give me and my brother. Little did I know that she had feelings for my brother only. That eventful day when Bhai finally confessed to her and when she agreed so easily- that's when I realised that I have lost her this time. Her wedding was held from our mansion itself since she didn't have a family. Being an orphan, Mansi always used to come to our place and we three used to play together in her room. She and I used to play the roles of husband and wife in her play while bhai used to be the villain who kidnapped Mansi. Those were the days right? Wish time just stopped there where she chose me always over him. Mansi is a phenomenal daughter in law but it's hard for me to still see her as a sister in law. What an irony! She isn't aware of my feelings. Would she have accepted me if I confessed to her first instead of Bhai? Ah! Stop it Arjun, let bygones be bygones.

I was flipping through my files when someone's face popped in my head. What a funny girl with baby deer kinda eyes. I was going to work and was stuck in traffic when I first heard a crowd screaming. "Help! Someone is drowning." I didn't even think twice and got out of the car to help. I carried her on the shore and to be honest, I wished I stayed there for a longer amount of time. She finally was awake but it seemed to me that she wasn't able to understand where she was. Did she try to commit suicide?

"Are you okay?" I couldn't understand if she was unable to speak out of shock or she was mute. She shook her head vigorously to make me understand that she wasn't mute.

"Cute!" I chuckled.

"Hey! Did you save me? How did I end up here? Who are you?" So there is someone who doesn't know me huh? This innocent girl was giving me a hard time to keep a straight face. When the crowd told her who I was, she seemed to be astonished. Honestly her reactions were cute but I had to go. So I left her there and went back to work. Now I regret doing so. What if she tries to commit suicide again. Nevertheless, she was an interesting girl. Keeping these thoughts aside, I turned back to complete these files again.

It was already 5:30 when I recieved a call from Maa.

"Hello" I spoke and the voice from the other side was already ready to kill me.

"You were supposed to leave at 5:00!" Gayathri Devi roared.

"Sorry Maa! The work here is very tight. Am I really needed today? I mean it's Bhai's day. Let him enjoy na." Honestly, I wanted to avoid going there because it would pain me to see Mansi smiling towards another man irrespective of him being my brother or not.

"Your bhai doesn't want to do anything without you remember?" She reminded me. I couldn't win against them for I love them both a lot. I smiled and was about to say something when she said.

"You will see an unfamiliar gues today." My eyebrows shot up.

"Who is it?" I was curious now.

"You will know." She replied. "She helped me today get my groceries."

"Maa! I told you not to go outside to buy things." Even though she was a queen to others, she was my mother and she is turning old now. It's very wrong of her to not listen to her son.

"Whatever it is. It is your mother Gayathri Devi's order to leave your work now and get home immediately." Saying this she cut the call without giving me a chance to talk.

Women I tell you. The world's biggest mystery! I smiled wondering who might that guest be and started packing up. The car took almost 30 mins and I reached in front of my mansion. The valet opened the door for me and I came out of the car. Ah! I need to get ready for today's reception. I only have two hours in hand. I decided not to greet anyone and get straight into my room. I seemed over exhausted today and decided to take a quick bath first. On entering the room, the first thing I saw was a blue coloured saree that was kept on the chair in front of the dressing table. Is there a girl here? Maybe Maa has kept it here for the guest? Oh god is this another matchmaking tactics of hers? I was too tired to think of anything and went straight inside the shower. I was unbuttoning myself when I felt someone's stare at me. Turning I saw that same girl from the beach standing there. A towel wrapped around her body and her gaze down towards the floor.

I WAS IN SHOCK!

What was happening? What is she doing in my room? We stood there silently for a few minutes too awkward to take any action. I couldn't take it anymore and decided to walk outside. Coming outside I realised that it wasn't my room. It was the guest room that was right beside mine room. I was almost running. What did I even do?! I met Nandini coming inside with Maa's royal jewellery. I was so angry at the moment that I vented out on her. I knew it wasn't her fault but I was too embarrassed to admit my fault as well. I walked off the room and went inside my work room. My mind now wandering off to her face again. The way she was blushing, the way those met mine at the beach.

Is it really the beginning of a new dream?

I can't believe it. I wrote 2k words. I wasn't really sure if I can write a good story but I have recieved some love despite being a new author. I will keep writing the chapters so do vote for it and hopefully I won't disappoint you all.

Thank you again :)