The last time he had a therapist was when he was 13. He was still in Yancy Academy but wasn't a good kid. Between his anger issues and trauma from Bianca's death, he became quite troubled. He didn't want to go to therapy, so he tried to fight the therapist. He never went back.

"You can take as much time as you need to decide. And I wouldn't be 'sacrificing my happiness'. You're the greatest joy in my life, Percy and nothing will change that," she hugged him. "Do you know why I named you Perseus?"
Percy shrugged. "Because it means destroyer and that sounds cool."
"Well, back then I really loved Greek myths. I used to read them for you when you were a kid, remember? Well, Perseus was one of the only heroes with a happy ending. I hope you can have a happy ending, too."

Percy smiled. "Cute but I think 'destroyer' is cooler. Maybe you should go out with Mr Brunner instead."
Sally laughed. "Very funny. Oh crap- I have cookies in the oven, they better not be burnt!" She left Percy's room quickly.

• • •

Percy walked out to the stables. He didn't know anything about horses but he still went out. He was the only one there, which he didn't mind. He wanted time to think.

He stayed there for a while, even though it was freezing. Then Annabeth walked in. Percy smiled at her. He was used to being around her, they seen each other everyday, both at school and at home.
"Hey, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth said.
"Hi, Annabeth. What's up?"

"Eh," Annabeth shrugged. "Not much. My parents and brothers aren't home and I was bored so I came out here. Is everything okay, by the way?"
"What- ohh. Right. The car thing. Uhm, yeah. Just a misunderstanding."
"Oh, alright," she smiled. "Do you have the English homework?"
Percy almost laughed. "Nope. I'll just- I don't know, blackmail, bribe Mr Blofis."
"Excuse me?"
"Nothing." He smiled.

"Hey!" Annabeth playfully hit him. "You can't just say that and leave me hanging!"
"Alright, alright, alright. My mom was talking to Mr Blofis this evening because- drumroll-"
Annabeth rolled her eyes.
"Drumroll!" Percy repeated.
Annabeth tapped her hands on one of the gates.
"Because," he continued. "My mom went on a date with him."
"Really?! She exclaimed.
"Really. Honestly, I don't know how to feel about it. But pros versus cons. Pros, I don't have to do my English homework. Cons, Paul freaking Blowfish."

Annabeth laughed. "Not like you did your homework before now."
"Sorry that you're such a perfect student." Percy joked.
She scoffed. "I don't do my homework either, trust me. It's dumb."
"But you're like- top of the class."
"That doesn't mean I do my homework. I simply copy Will's. When he doesn't do it, I hide in the bathroom for half the class. None of the teachers ever suspect it."
"I'm totally telling Mr Blofis on you!"
"He'd never believe you."
"Yes he would!"
"No he wouldn't."
"Whatever."

Annabeth just smiled. "I'll always be his favourite."
"You are not his favourite."
"Then who is?"
Percy thought for a second. "Uhm-"
"Exactly," she pulled her coat tighter around herself, shivering. "It's freezing out here. We better go inside."
"Right," Percy hadn't even noticed the cold while talking to Annabeth, but as soon as she mentioned it he realized his hands were completely numb. He checked the time. "Crap. My mom's making dinner. I didn't realize how long we've been out here."

They walked inside together, laughing and talking. Annabeth walked the whole way back to his apartment, then stood outside for a few minutes, finishing the conversation. Sally opened the door.
"Oh, there you are! Come on, your dinner is getting cold. Ah, hello Annabeth. How are you?"
Annabeth smiled. "I'm good, thanks. I'll go- I mean better get going. See you later."

"You can always stay for dinner if you want," Sally offered.
"Oh, thanks but I'm sure my stepmom has made something-"
Percy frowned. "Didn't you say she wasn't home?" he whispered.

[ANNABETH CHASE]

Part of her wanted to stay. She didn't want to leave. They were both lovely, which was the main problem. She was scared of getting close to them. She was scared of having a family-like relationship with them, knowing they'd eventually leave like everyone else.

"Uhm-"
"There's loads extra if you do want dinner," Sally smiled.
"If you're sure, uhm, I mean-"
"Come on in," Percy said.
"Thank you so, so much," Annabeth said. She didn't want to seem like an inconvenience but they truly didn't seem to mind. She sat down at the table.

[PERCY JACKSON]

Sally had to be the best cook alive. The best cook to have ever lived.
He talked to Annabeth non-stop while eating. Sally, too. She and Annabeth got along well, though Sally kept smiling and leaving the two of them alone at the table to go to the bathroom or go outside to make a phone call. Percy thought she might've been talking to Mr Blofis, but it still seemed like there was more to it.

Percy chose to not pay too much attention to it. He walked Annabeth back to her apartment.
Once he got back to apartment three, he understood why Sally was acting strangely during dinner.
"So, you and Annabeth?"
"Hm?" Percy said, cleaning the dishes.
"Oh, don't act so clueless!"
"What? Oh, you don't mean- no. No. Annabeth is just one of my best friends. Don't be stupid."

It also made Percy think about how he'd seen Jason at the complex that day- he didn't know whether something was going on with him and Annabeth or not.
Sally laughed. "Don't call your mother stupid!"

———

Word Count: 1601

———

A/N: *whispers* percabethhhhh

And 40 chapters. Wow.