"What the hell is going on here?" Cana swung open her door and came out of her room, looking like she just woke up. "Why are you crying in front of the bathroom?" She grumbled, squeezing into the narrow hallway beside them. Once Lucy looked up at her, it all became obvious. "Oh… morning sickness?" 

"Is this normal?"

Natsu's oblivious question had both girls sending him glares. "Obviously! Do you have any idea what it's like to have a fetus growing inside of you-"

"No, I meant is this normal," Cana followed his eyes as he gestured towards Lucy, and then towards her hands. She had her arms wrapped around his waist, and her hands traveled under his shirt, keeping him tight against herself. So much so, that he was actually starting to struggle to breathe.

Not wanting to embarrass her friend, Cana only shrugged. "Anyway, come lay down, Lucy. I'll get you some water." 

"But I don't wanna lay down…" 

"You'll feel better if you do."

"Make me." Lucy subtly snuggled tighter into Natsu's embrace, though it was most likely unintentional. 

"Girl," Cana wasn't sure if her roommate must think she's scared to pry her away from Natsu and drag her to bed, but she wouldn't let her get it twisted, "You can't cry about feeling nauseous and then be stubborn when I'm trying to help you." 

"Fine," Lucy finally released Natsu, and shivered when she immediately began to miss his warmth, "Could you get the bags in case I feel the urge to throw up again?"

"Oh now you want my help," Cana muttered, "Okay, just give me a sec', your baby-daddy and I need to have a little chat."

Natsu wasn't sure if he liked the sound of that, and he definitely didn't feel good about the way Cana dragged him to the living room and shoved him on the couch.

"Why was she crying?" She whispered, though she actually didn't seem angry.

"She… she said she was tired of throwin' up."

"Oh… Poor thing, I wish this could be easier on her," Cana sighed, "Anywho, Lucy is either super touchy and affectionate when she's upset, or she'll be very reserved and irritable- there's no in-between. You lucked out, she actually decided to hug you." 

"Well, she kinda got pissed at me at first, but I guess she deserves to be." Natsu shrugged, he couldn't be bothered by Lucy's outbursts. If she wanted to take her anger out on him, he wouldn't blame her. "It's alright, though. Since I'm up I figured I'd just go to Gildarts' alone."

"No need, I'll tell him to come here since Lucy's not feeling well. I think he wants to talk to her."

"Oh, alright, cool." 

"Mhm, and stop flirting with my friend, loser."

"What? I ain't flirting with her."

"Not even a little?"

"Nope, not even a little."

"Well then why aren't you flirting with her? Are you scared or something?"

Natsu rolled his eyes at her switch up. "Nope, and you know that."

"Well, Lucy's super shy, so don't be too brash with her." Cana said as she quickly took a cup from the kitchen cupboard and a water bottle from the fridge. She brought them to Lucy's room, not bothering to knock on the door before she let herself in. 

The blonde was draped over the side of her bed with her head buried in an old grocery bag, probably preparing to hurl. "Here, chin up," Cana tried to get her to lay in a better position, but only received a groan in return.