ㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤENDING.

It was only until recently, that (L/N) (Y/N) learned to be weary of fires. The hottest fires burn blue, and his eyes were no exception.

She feared its beauty. The way it dotted the darkness in shimmering light. A light that had captivated her with a single glance and left her unable to tear her gaze away.

She feared how it kept drawing her in, with the promise that she would not experience hurt; yet each time she tried to reach for it, she was left with nothing but angry burns.

(Y/N) feared how much she cared for it. The kind that with a single joyful glimmer, it could convince her that everything would be fine.

The same kind that had her constantly looking at it when it was there, and searching for it in the darkness when it wasn't.

She was scared to think about what she would do if the fire would be put out forever.

That was the most terrifying thing imaginable.

A familiar smell overtook her senses, pulling her out before she drowned in the abyss of her thoughts.

Warm, but not loving. The smoke of crackling fire and the disgusting familiar smell of burning bodies came from around the corner of the dark alleyway.

The crisp night air was similar to infinitesimal chill she felt in her blood. She was only supposed to buy her dinner from a nearby convenience store but— she guessed she's going to have to take a detour.

She only saw a glimpse of the person's back, but she immediately knew who it belonged to.

He had completely let his guard down, low enough that he couldn't even sense someone come up behind him. Being in the man's presence vexated her so much that she could not help but to scoff.

At the sudden sound, the man turned around abruptly, sensing someone behind him and sent a wave of raging blue flames towards her direction instinctively, but she was quick to put it out by activating her quirk, air type blades acting as a shield in front of her.

Both met eye to eye once their respective powers had worn down, (E/C) clashing with teal.

Time was supposed to heal wounds. It was supposed to make the pain a little bit more tolerable and slowly close the gaps and bruises.

However, time did absolutely nothing but make her head feel as though she had been hit by a truck. She might as well have been because— what the hell.

The anger, the disgust that (Y/N) felt when she saw Dabi again was uncontainable.

She got a good look at his face, and the sight made her shiver internally. For all the scars that marred him and the staples that gleamed with every shift, it was his eyes that unnerved her for some reason she didn't like to think much about.

Then she briefly saw him stiffen. It was an unsual action from the man and she could have sworn that she saw his lips tremble, eyes flashing in what seemed to be fear.

Fear.

Never would the (H/C) haired girl believe that he would be scared, considering all of things he had done.

He blinked unintelligently before he shoved his seemingly shaking hands in his pockets. "...What are you doing here?"

(Y/N) didn't answer right away and just eyed the bodies that turned into ashes on the ground. She clicked her tongue in distaste. "You're disgusting, I hope you know that," she remarked once she diverted her attention away from the ashes and back to him, voice flat. "But I suppose that's par for the course with your organization."