CHAPTER 32

Its monday and im at the bakery, working the kitchen and couter because apparently, Tanya quit and left Italy. Which I think is weird but as long as she doesn't bother me. Today we're closing up early because Mario cant make it either, so at four, im locking up.

Its been a week since my episode and i have apologized to Nick multiple times but he just says why am i apologising.

Im in the kitchen when i hear the bell outside. Ugh its almost time to leave i  was hoping no one would come in. I go to the front to see a man. He's wearing a long beige over coat and he has a scary face and really red hair.

"Ciao" he says. Definitely not Italian. Greek maybe?

"ciao, what can i get you" i ask hoping he knows English because im too anxious to speak coherent italiano.

"Ill have a pound cake bella, thats it" he says. Russian. His accent is definitely russian ive seen too many movies to be wrong about this. I nod and put the pound cake into its box, then in a bag and put on top of the counter. I tell him his amount he hands it to me and smirks. ew.

"See you around"

As soon as he leaves, i sigh in relief. At 4, i close up and walk home to chill for a bit. Later i have to to go grocery shopping too. I might take a nap. I sleep horrible now, without Nick in bed. Sigh. As im laying in bed dozing off, my phone rings. I pick up.

"hello?"

"baby were you sleeping?"

"mhm, its your fault i cant sleep normal anymore" i say making him snicker.

"Sorry babygirl, take a nap ill be back by evening, and ill come see my beautiful little girl around 8, sì?" he asks. He has been at the coast 2 hours away since yesterday.

"sì" i mumble sleepily

"i love you"

I love you too. wait did i say that out loud or no?

~

Im just getting dressed to leave for groceries. Im wearing black jeans and a black tie crop top with a black shoulder bag. All black. I thrifted the top and its so cute.

Once im done, i walk out and lock my door

Once im done, i walk out and lock my door. In the elevator, i check my phone, i have a message from Nick saying he'll be at mine at 8 incase i missed that while i was asleep. I reply then walk to the lobby to see the Russian man from the bakery. What? I quickly exit the building feeling panic starting to rise.

Ok just dont overthink it, he's probably staying with someone or meeting someone in the building, thats why he was at the bakery right? Its in the area, nothing too surprising really. I nod at my own reassurance and walk to the grocery store near by.

I dont usually buy alot of food, but since Nick spends most nights, i wanna have stuff to eat, or stuff i can cook.

I grab a bag of pasta and some cheese, also tomatoes and onions. Oh eggs and bread too.

Ive been wanting these strawberry chocolate bon bons but they only have those at this one store. And i will not go downtown.

Once im done, i pay and call a taxi. I took longer than I expected, its a few minutes past eight. But I gave Nick a spare key anyway and texted him so he'll be fine.

NICCOLO'S POV

It's eight and im almost at Aria's. She's still at the store so ill let myself in and wait. She also said there are cookies. So ill go upstairs.

I get out of the elevator and walk to her door to see it ajar.

What the fuck.

I take out my gun and enter. I see a body lunge at me and in a split second, i fire and he falls back groaning.

I walk closer to see who the fuck he is. What?

Fuck.