CHAPTER 21

"Alaia said she couldn't reach you and i went to your house to see if youre-" i cut him off.

"Why do you care?" i ask him angrily. I might cry and that will totally give me away. his expression becomes confused.

"Well i wanted to know you were safe-"

"Mr. De'Marco, i know what you said, why do you care" he opens his mouth but i cut in. "No, you act all nice and sweet one day and then disappear for 3 days with no call or text, i mean what was that? Was it pity because you chased off my chance of having a good night?" i ask him. My voice is getting thick.

"What? I had to go to New york for business, I didn't think to call, i thought id come see you when i got back" when he says New york, my stance breaks and he notices. "Aria"

"Niccolo" i whisper. Im just so drained I have not gotten a break from flashbacks they get worse everyday but he made me happy for a day and i missed it. "Please, i cant have you be so hot and cold. I-" my voice breaks a little. What the hell is wrong with me. "Just please, its okay that you are attracted to me but you dont want a relationship, we'll just keep our distance and you'll get over it, ill even stop seeing Laia, everything can go back to normal, it'll be like we never met, just please, dont act like you care and that you'll stay when you wont. I cant take that" i finish shaking my head as I feel a few tears slip out.

I feel warm, hard arms wrap around me. I take a minute to compose myself, still in his arms before breaking away.

"Im sorry, ill stay away, i promise-" i am cut off with lips, on mine. My eyes widen and i become stiff. He pulls away and looks into my eyes. I just look at him in shock. "Wh-" i stop.

"You wont stay away from me" he says, his voice deep. I may be way off, but for the first time since ive known him, i hear emotion in his voice. "I tried staying away, it didn't work, something in me knew I would make you mine the second I saw you." he husks. What?

"Y-" i stutter. "y-you took my first kiss" i whisper making him grin. Also a first with him.

"Im glad it was me" he steps closer and puts his hands on either side of my hip. "Maybe it was always mine, sì?" he says.

"Niccolo, if you're not sure-"

"Im sure neonata, never been more sure" he says looking at my lips again. Should I kiss him? Because i didn't actually kiss the first time. Before thinking anymore, i lean up on my toes and place my lips on his and give him a peck. I pull back and look at him shy.

"I dont actually know how to uh, kiss, so is there like a way? should i do-" Im cut off by him gripping my waist and kissing me hard. It felt natural after that.

We pull apart a few minutes later and i look down. What am i doing.

"I have to go home" i whisper making his grip on my waist tighten.

"Were you about to walk home at night? when i told you not to?" he asks me. I look down. Shit. "Neonata im warning you, walk alone at night again and ill take you so hard, you wont be able to walk, at all." he husks in my ear sending shivers down my spine and making goosebumps rise. I let out a gasp.

"Stop, oh my dont say stuff like that!" i exclaim hiding my face making hin chuckle. "This only happens occasionally, if im working late or i take Mario's shift." i tell him.

"Why cant he take his own shift" he says a hint of annoyance in his tone.

"he does, only emergencies are when i cover, plus, Aunty Tania is so lenient with me taking off, this is the least i can do for her" i tell him. He frowns a little.

"Fine, when these occasions do happen call me, im free to go wherever i want whenever i want, so, call me ill drive you" he says. I nod. Im not going to but its nice to know he'd do that. "Come" he says, placing a hand on my back.

Edited.