CHAPTER 20

NICCOLO'S POV

Im in new york. I flew in early morning 2 days ago and sorted out the whole thing. But now Kyle is up my ass about this being our rivalry. The only reason i put up with him is because he did Zio a favour and so we owed him one aswell.

The Russians are such wussies. They know they cant fight so they fucking go for the business aspect.

Instead of sending someone from the familia to handle business in New York, Aless appointed Zio Tonio's PA. He felt like a good fit. Apparently, he isnt, he just isnt a decision maker. We'll have to find a replacement, meanwhile, maybe one of the boys can come out.

I sigh and run a hand through my hair. I haven't been able to stop thinking about her. The fuck is wrong with me?

Right now, im just waiting, im flying back to italy in an hour. Gio walks in.

"So, Aless tells me the cause of your agitation of having to come here" he says with a smirk. Bastardo.

"And what would that be?" i ask dryly.

"Aria" he says. I dont like someone else saying her beautiful name. "Melody, its pretty" he says. I shoot him a glare making him chuckle. "Come on man, i know you since diapers, you can tell me, plus you're leaving so i cant bother you about it, unless you take my call" he says.

Me and Aless and Gio have been best friends. He is the Commander of our team in NY and just a great person. But also an asshole.

"I dont know. She-" i pause and grunt. "She's stuck in my fucking head like a.." i stop looking for the right word.

"Like a melody?" he asks making my head snap to him. Fuck. "Dude this is some deep love shit" he snickers and I roll my eyes.

She's stuck in my head like a Melody.

La Mia Melodia
(My melody)

ARIA'S POV

Its Thursday and im at the bakery. 3 days. Its been 3 days since the day he dropped me off at mine. No contact since then. Why did he have to be all nice if he just didn't wanna call. Ugh.

It doesn't help that Mario had an emergency and Tanya had to leave early so im stuck closing up. I hate night shifts they creep me out. I have another hour before closing time. yay.

NICCOLO'S POV

I got home a few hours ago and took a nap. Im in the living room now and Alaia walks in.

"Nick?" she asks and i stand up to hug her. "hi, sorry, but have you spoken to Aria? on tuesday i called and she sounded glum but wouldn't tell me whats wrong and wednesday i called but she didn't pick up and texted saying she was busy and today i havent been able to reach her at all" she rambles. What the fuck. I stand up.

"No, i havent spoken to her, ill check on it" i say quickly walking out and I get in to my car.

As soon as the elevator opens on her floor, i get out and walk to her door. I knock, but no answer. I knock again, louder and still no answer. Fuck.

She could be at the bakery maybe. I quickly get to my car and drive off.

ARIA'S POV

I just locked up and im walking down the street, when i see a car stop just behind me. It makes me nervous and walk faster hearing the door.

"Aria" I hear his deep voice and it makes me stop. Oh no he doesn't. I continue walking but soon he steps in front of me.

Edited