CHAPTER 26

As im standing in the garden, I feel an arm wrap around me and i smile at his familiar scent.

"Come with me to my room" he says.

"Why?" i ask.

"I want something." he says and i smile.

"Ok, let me put him down and we'll go"

We walk upstairs and i gently place Grayson in his crib, he stirs a little but i pat his bum a little and he falls asleep.

I feel good knowing i gave Alaia a day off. i grab the monitor and leave the door a little open. I cant bring myself to leave him though.

"We cant leave him alone, its dark" i say to Nick. He brushes my hair out of my face looking down at me.

"Baby he's fine, thats where he sleeps everyday, and my room is right at the end of the hall thats close" He says and i nod. "You're like a second Alaia" he snickers and i whine.

We go into his room and i look around. Its very Nick, but also he has a lot of light coming in which i love.

Suddenly, he grabs my waist and throws me on the bed making me squeal as i hit the silk sheets

Suddenly, he grabs my waist and throws me on the bed making me squeal as i hit the silk sheets. I gasp.

He just gets into bed, and holds me to him, aww. I cuddle into him and close my eyes. Peace.

"So you just wanted cuddles?" i ask him in a teasing tone. He grumbles making me giggle.

"Aria" he says after a few minutes. I hum. "Can i ask what your nightmares are about" I freeze. Shit. I stay quiet.

Should I tell him? I mean im gonna have to at some point. We're together we should be able to tell eachother stuff.

"You dont have to piccola, i just think i can help you" he says.

NICCOLO'S POV

Her face is conflicted. I dont want to push her but i know that she needs to get it out. I think it will really help her.

And it will help me because i cant wait to kill whoever the fuck Mark is.

"Uhm, well do you want the life story version or just my nightmares?" she asks. I pick life story as if this was a game.

"Uhm my mom and dad got a divorce when i was 12 beacuse my dad w-was cheating and had another daughter so uhm my mom got custody. My dad just, didn't care i guess. Then uh my mom m-married a guy she was dating for a while and w-we started living at his house. Mom sold her house. A-a few months after their marriage my m-mom passed away" she says with a broken voice, a few tears sliding out. I sit up and grab her waist, sitting her straddled on my lap, facing me. I kiss her head.

"Baby, you dont have to tell me"

"No, i-" she pauses. "Mark, the man she married was stuck taking care of me and he hated me. He used to drink and he was aggressive and h-he hit m-me most nights and w-would blame me for moms d-death." she hiccups. Fuck.

Rage fills me at the thought of someone touching my baby, I clench my fists and jaw but relax when i feel her grab my shirt in her small hands. I sigh.

"Eight months ago i stole money and ran away." i kiss her head. "I didn't have anywhere to go so i went to the airport and asked where the earliest flight is heading. S-so i came to Sicily, I met Aunty and she helped alot. Thats all the tragic" she mumbles laying her head on my shoulder. I hold her to me, feeling the the strongest fucking feelings for this beautiful, hurt girl in my arms.

Fuck she made me soft.

"I swear to you baby, no one is gonna touch you again, ever, you're mine and always will be, ill keep you safe, here, with me." She looks at me and smiles a little. "You're okay?" i ask her and she nods, biting her lip. I kiss her and just as its getting hot, the monitor sounds. Grayson is up. I groan. "Cock blocker".

"Hey, dont be mean" she says while walking out. Fuck.