The Anime Marathon

Epic flopped on the couch after a long day's work. The royal scientist wanted a break. Classic had been working him to the bone. Riley was witness to that much. Maybe the meme lover could use a series to watch? "Hey Epic?"
"yeah bruh?"
"Ever watch Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan?" Epic posed like the thinker. Oml. She tried not to laugh. "nah.. i don't think so." She jumped onto the couch and turned on Hulu. "Anime marathon time!" She typed the show in and clicked on the first episode.

♡♡♡

He got hooked to the show pretty quickly. "kamehamebruh that bruh rikuo!"
"You say bruh way to much."
"it's my trademark."
"Oh I know." It was the third or maybe fifth episode? She wasn't really paying attention, but the main character, Rikuo, and his friends were on Mt. Nejiremi. It was the border of the Nura Clan, according to the show so there were lots of yokai there and his friends were getting played big time. Epic's sockets were on fire, he was obviously heated. It was hilarious. Riley had watched this before so she was watching Epic's reactions. "I gotta make dinner. Be right back." She left Epic to the show.

♡♡♡

Riley didn't even bother to pull Epic away from the TV. She let him eat in the living room while the 88 demons of Shikoku invaded Nura Clan territory. "How is it?"
"rikuo really needs to choose if he want to live the yokai life or a human life. it'll just get everyone hurt in the end."
"You're right.. but I meant the food." Epic laughed. "s-sorry bruh, it was good. 10/10 would eat again."
"Seconds?" She offered. "nah, bruh." He shook his head, focusing on the show again. She smiled, shaking her head.

♡♡♡

Classic had come in sometime during the final fight of the first season. Riley pulled him away and into another room. "Let him finsh. He needs this break." Classic glanced at the door to the upstairs. "i need someone with recent scientific knowledge to double check the plans. epic's the only royal scientist here."
"He's not the only one who needs a break. Classic, relax, have a ketchup, look at the stars, something! You'll burn yourself out like this.."
"kid, we need to get home." She put her hands on Classic's shoulders. "I know, and you will, but not like this. Please take a break, Classic." He released a defeated sigh. "fine, fine.. i'll do something else for a hour or so, then i'm getting back to work." She shrugged. "It's something." She left Classic to his own devices and went back to see that Epic started season two. She relaxed onto the couch.

♡♡♡

Epic loved the logic of this show. Giant flying yokai ship? Awesome! Now that Yura knew that Rikuo was part yokai, things seemed alot easier for him. Even if she was an omyoji. It seemed there was some sort of love triangle too. Yukionna, Yura, and Kana all loved Rikuo, but who did he love? He turned to ask Riley, but.. she was asleep. Was it that late already? He checked the time. 1:33 am. "oop-" She shifted in her sleep, head sliding to lean against him. The memelord tensed. What does one do when a sleeping human is sleeping on them?! "uh.." He tried to move her to the other end of the couch, instead she flopped into his lap. His cheekbones turned plum. "uh...!" Ok.. ok.. don't panic, just pretend she's not there. Distract yourself with this awesome anime that is still not as good as the Dragon Ball series.

♡♡♡

Eventually he did finsh Nura and even managed a bit of sleep himself. When he woke up.. she was nowhere to be found. He sighed in relief. "thank the meme gods.."
"epic? why's the front door open?" Raven asked. He shrugged. "i just woke up, bruh."
"where's riley? she's not I the kitchen." The others were up now, and curious. "why's the front door open?" Classic asked what Raven had asked. "where's riley?" Alpha asked the other question Raven had asked. Epic shrugged. TK looked panicked. "uh.. riley's a sleep walker!" They all looked to the front door. "oh shi-"