Chapter Ten

I WAS AWAKE BEFORE GENYA CAME INTO THE chambers the following morning. I was standing over by the window still peering out just as the sun had begun to rise. The fog was hovering above the gardens and the mazes. The sun edging past the horizon slowly. I smiled softly feeling peaceful; I'd never felt this peaceful before. The fire was burning in the pit warming the room. My beds sheets where left unmade and, I was in a white silk nightgown.

The doors were thrown open and in came Genya with a Blue Kefta draped over her shoulder. How'd she do that? She'd only just taken measurements last night. I blinked up at her once she'd spotted me by the window.

"How long have you been up?" She asked. I rose a brow at her, and she only rolled her eyes.

"Come now the bath is waiting." I obeyed following her to the bathing room. The two maidens from yesterday appeared and helped me undress before I slipped into the hot steamy water letting my head loll back against the edge. Genya laughed but didn't say anything. The maids scrubbed at my skin but not as harsh as they had the previous day. A few minutes later I was back in a robe following after Genya again. She'd lied the Kefta out on my now made bed. I walked up to it allowing my hands to ghost over the thick fabric.

"How'd you manage to get this done overnight?" I asked lifting my gaze to her, still allowing my hands ghost over the embroidery. White and light blue embroidery swirled above almost like the Tidemakers but in larger swirls.

Genya smirked. "I have my ways." She said before turning to the kit on the small coffee table. I watched her carefully wondering what she meant. She turned back to me with a small container with a bright orange liquid. "To make sure you don't get bruised. A containment if you will created by one of the Durast." She paused. "A genius he is really." She contained a blush. My eyes widen.

"B—bruised? Nobody told me anything about anything physical." I squealed as Genya's lips twitched into a smirk. She shook her head taking a step closer to me.

"Honestly what did you expect? To sit here and read on Grisha history all day." She sighed. "I will admit you will be doing that too but not first. You've got to have some proper training in Combat before anything. Even before you can summon again." I just blinked at her before my mouth shut and I looked back to the Kefta on the bed.

"I asked one of the maidens to get you some cinnamon pastries this morning there on the vanity." Genya gestured to the vanity. Now that I think about it, I was quite hungry I mean I haven't eaten since yesterday morning. I walked over to the vanity settling myself down and picking up the pastry. Saint that aroma. I took a bite out of it and groaned in pleasure. Genya chuckled and shook her head.

I turned to her my mouth full. "That's some good stuff." I muffled while swallowing. Genya scolded me as I laughed.

She put my hair back into a low ponytail leaving some pieces to hang loosely in my face. She didn't do much to change my face today because I would be training but she did brighten my cheeks. She helped me into the Kefta and sighed after we'd finished. I looked myself over in the vanity mirror and smiled slightly. I did look good, I will admit. The vibrant blue went good with my hair. But it did look better on me then off. The embroidery had a shimmer to it, and I wondered if it was glitter. The boots came last and, they were combat shoes and heavy.

"Saints I did a good job." Genya stared in awe but then her signature smirk formed. "But I think it looks very hot on you." I scoffed.