Chapter Seven

*unedited*

AS THE HEARTENDER LEFT THE ROOM A beautiful cherry headed female in a creamy white elegant kefta came into the room. Her eyes were stormy grey with a tint of green. Her skin was pale but flawless with no wrinkle in place, I'd never seen a woman as beautiful as she was and it left my heart wanting to combust with nerves. A wave of self conscious fell over me by her rare beauty. She had a small smirk on her lips as she passed the threshold and in what almost felt like slow strides towards my position on the bed. My mouth was agape almost as if I was drooling over her.

"Good saints, what happened to your face?" Her lips curled up in disgust, silently tutting. I was about to open my mouth but closed it when no words would form, "And your hair," She looked me over.

"This is going to take a lot more than I expected." She scowled silently, "Come, up you get." I followed after her silently, she opened a door on the other side of the room, my mouth opening and closing that there lied a bath full of steaming water and rose petals and the strong aroma of lavender. There wasn't much in the room, a small bucket for what I assumed to be for my hair and a robe setting atop a golden vanity in the corner with essential oils and silver parqueted flooring below our feet the glistened in the room light.

The red head departed the room a moment later and reappeared with two maidens dressed in the same attire white but servant's dresses. They walked up to me and without another word began removing my army wear. My eyes widen quickly meeting the red-haired Grisha's.

"Hey," I squealed as the bottom-up army shirt had been removed. I quickly went to cover up myself feeling extremely vulnerable under the stares I was getting, "I'm pretty sure I can undress myself," I shouted grabbing the shirt from the maiden.

The maidens in the room didn't say anything, but I could feel their eyes burning into the back of my head. The Grisha only rolled her eyes settling her lower body against the wall tapping her index finger on the vanity.

"Obviously," The red head responds back with enthusiastic laugh, "But in this case, you are to be presented to the King and Queen so you must be prepared professionally."

I opened and closed my mouth. "Ooh—"

"Yes 'ooh' you have one hour, Give or take?" When I didn't respond she hummed, I huffed allowing the rest of my clothing to be removed. The Grisha's eyes strained on the wall until I had gotten into the tub, bubbles covering up my lower half.

The maidens scrubbed my shoulders and legs thoroughly. I wasn't used to this luxury, obviously. I often wondered though as a child if all Grisha got this, if they got treated to. Or if it had been different. Well, now I know. Why people in the Ravka where starving; Grisha got this lifestyle. It didn't seem fair but stories of the king where enough to know how the royals lived. Selfish pigs who only cared for the themselves. It discussed me to the very core, and I hated them, but the Grisha had been very close to the royal family for a while especially the Darkling.

When I was cleansed from the stench of sweat,  a robe was handed to me, silky white, "Thank you, ladies, you're free to go." One of the maidens stayed behind. "Retrieve my Kit, Anna." The Grisha said softly,  walking out of the room and back into the chamber. I followed until she turned back to me gesturing to the golden vanity closest to my bed, I obeyed sitting down into the stool. I hadn't really ever looked at myself in a mirror before or even really seen myself clean in a mirror before but when my brown onyx eyes made contact with my reflection, I was almost shocked.

Once the maiden returned with a large kit she departed again, I watched the red head through the mirror silently before she turned back to me with a stoned brown bracelet in hand, when she held it up to my hair I turned to her quickly. "What are you doing?" I asked.

She sighed, "I'm lighting your hair color." It was a simple response really, and you could see her frustration of me if you looked close enough.

I turned back to the mirror and watched as she moved her hand slowly but dedicatedly over my hair with the bracelet in the other hand, hair brightening to a almost a shade lighter then my natural color, "You're a healer?" I asked.

Her eyes met mine through the mirror a smile forming on her lips, "I am a tailor," she said simply. "I can modify but I can't physically heal a person, and besides I'm more so different from Healers. Almost as rare as your kind but not as valuable."

She cleared her throat turning back to the kit, "I'm Genya by the way, Genya Safin." She said enthusiastically.

"Maira, Maira Costov." Genya turned back with a liquid container smirking at me.

"I know." She spoke, she didn't do much to change my face mainly just brightened my cheek color to a tinted soft pink and somehow dampened the bags as much as she could. My lips where brighter, my hair hung in lose waves down to my middle back.

A few minutes later I was standing in front of a long golden framed mirror in a long army green dress with swirled golden embroidered seams. It was simple nothing too overwhelming, but it wasn't the best wear. If anything, it was worse. A green necklace was placed around my neck lastly to make the look less plain. The necklace was simple with a white gem atop of the green. My hair was put into a waterfall braid lastly before the heartender stepped back into the room.

He didn't even need to say anything for me to get the message. I looked back to Genya who only nodded before I followed after him. "Where are we going?" Although Genya had mentioned me being presented to the King and Queen, I wanted to hear it from him.

"The King and Queen demand a demonstration of your power," I blinkered; suddenly becoming more aware of what was about to happen.

"I only just got here though; I don't even know how to use it." I practically shouted fear coursing through me. Good saints Maira you were informed of this earlier and you chose to react now.

"That's why the General is taking you there." He said with no emotion evident in his voice, nice to know I'm appreciated.

I sighed trying to calm myself before we got outside, I did not want the General seeing me like this especially after what had happened a few days ago.

To be continued......

1,165 words written.

Kinda not okay with it so I'm leaving it as unedited.