School's In

Lilly enters her first class of the day and sat at her assigned desk. Her class room was like something you would see in TV with rows of desks, a window outside to stare at the weather, children's work hung around on bulliten boards, pockets for children's phones to be hanged in, and a desk at the front where her teacher conducted class.

Right now it was Lilly's science class which was one of her favourite classes because her teacher was super environmental and always used examples of nature when they could. Lilly particularly liked when he would talk about the ocean, and she couldn't wait to start taking biology in a few years once she gets to high school.

"Hey Lilly," Said girl turns her head and smiles seeing her friend Emerald, or Em for short. She had on her school uniform, but it was littered with buttons and clips stretching the dress code to its length. She wore her golden hair in a pig tail with a emerald dragon clip matching her green eyes that shone with a mischievous smile. Em is a year and a half younger than Lilly and was technically meant to be in the grade below but ended up skipping a grade, she could skip two grades if she wasn't so notorious for her mischief. Rumour at school was that she was the daughter of the green ninja due to her skills in pranks and her looks making her popular, but Lilly was skeptic of the rumours. Like why would the leader of the ninja team enrol his daughter in this school of all schools? It was in the middle of being a preppy private school and a under funded public school because the teachers spent most of the school money on their weekly teacher nights and the occasional field trip.

True though Lilly had only ever met her mother who used to be a racer back in the day and besides the hair they looked related, they got the same nose.

"Did you get your permission slip signed yet?" Emerald asks her friend whispering. Lilly frowns and shook her head. "Dad and father said they will never ever let me go on the trip, but the boys still get to go which is totally unfair! I didn't even do anything," Lilly pouts.

"Maybe their sexist?" Em suggests. "No it's not that they let me go on all the other field trips and that over night one at the museum last year. They just don't want me to do a over night at the aquarium," Lilly pouts sad. It was a trip she had been looking forward too, but her parents refused to let her specifically go on it and were going to keep the boys from going to make it fair on her, but than Onyx and Oscar failed their last two science tests that were worth a portion of their grades and the teacher said this trip was their best chance at not failing and repeating the fifth grade so they were going, but since Lilly was the top student she didn't have the chance to fail so she could go on the trip with her brothers.

"You still got tomorrow," Emerald consoles her friend. "Yeah, like I could convince them," Lilly sighs in disappointment already resigned to being left out of the field trip. "Here I'm sure you'll feel better in a second," she said and Lilly raises a eyebrow. "What did you?" she began when the teacher walked in. Instead of the usual teacher it was a substitute who was known to be mean and grouchy making any class miserable.

"Okay quiet everyone! Mr, Donald had broke his foot on school grounds so he's getting a paid leave. Now be quiet and," as the teacher sat down a glitter explosion happened. Some students covered their eyes to protect themselves from the glitter while others took out their borg-phones to record while laughing. Lilly giggles quietly while Emerald winks at her friend.

Meanwhile Onyx was in history and was quickly trying to avoid falling asleep as the teacher droned on about history. She never spoke about the interesting history like the legends, the ninja, any battles, nothing! She only talked about when laws where made or anything. She was also really against serpitine and it wasn't for any reason, Onyx bets his dog she's never even seen a serpentine in person before. Onyx knew of a few schools that let serpitine attend freely, but that was closer to Ninjago where their community lives in the sewer. Right now she was lecturing the class about the tragedy when the serpitine were released from the tomes by a foolish boy.