fourteen

“where's donghyuck?” my brows twitch in confusion. the room's very empty. it feels very much emptier now that the baby isn't here.

i called jungwoo and he's quick to answer it. “do you know where donghyuck is?”

“uh, he's…” he's trailing off. “he's actually here with me, sir.”

“why?” i bite my lips. “can you tell him to come here?”

“he said he doesn't want to.”

fuck. “can you give the phone to him, then?”

what am i supposed to do with this?

“he's… not accepting the call. i'm sorry, sir.”

my hands flew to my temples and slap it softly.

“can you… leave the phone on loudspeaker, let him hear it.”

“uh— yeah, i can do that.”

i heard a few taps and that was my cue to say something.

“hyuck…” he's not answering. “donghyuck.”

the silence is killing me.

“i'm sorry. please, just come here.”

it was minutes of silence. until the call was shut. i don't know what to do about this anymore. if i can't convince him by this, then i guess i have to do the research myself.

i don't know what happened to him but i want him to know that i don't fucking care. all i want is him and his baby, i don't care if he's a son of a murderer or anyone. i don't fucking care if he's brat or anything that he's claiming to be. i just want him.

an actual fucking love made the selfish mark lee grew into this.

i didn't take a moment to search about him, his whereabouts, his past, why did he apply in my company and everything about him. i'm this desperate.

the only background information about him that i have is his application letter and his resumé. nothing else. his father is listed but not his mother.

he said he's a son of a murderer.

i immediately searched the name of his father and when i did, i feel like i'm so lost with the information that my mind lagged.

lee dongmin, the ceo of lee fabrics. murders the son of his colleague, huang yukhei.

what the actual fuck.

📝

placing the laptop hardly on johnny's table, i slammed my fist on his own table. i grit under my breath and i'm about to cry in frustration.

“is this all true?”

he furrows his eyebrows both in madness and confusion. “what?”

“this. about your brother.”

he gulps, then looks back to his table where my laptop is placed and gasp. it took him minutes to response.

“so, you finally knew?”

i fist my hair and turn my back to him. “that's not a fucking answer to my question!”

“yeah.” he leans back on his swivel chair. “i told you that donghyuck, a baby that he is, carries lots of dark stories with him.”

“that was why—” i hiccup. “that was the reason why he told me that last night…”

i couldn't help it anymore, but collapse in his couch and removed the tie, slamming it to the floor.