six

“mark. i really don't think this is a good idea.” donghyuck says while slowly walking backwards and holding haechan's hands. but the baby pulled his papa and made him go forward.

“papa… daddy's house is big, and wide, and good to play!”

“channie, come here…” i lent a hand and haechan didn't even hesitate to grab it. “papa and channie can live here for a while.”

“sir—”

“hyuck, come here.” with my other free hand, i held his shoulders gently, very careful not to scare him and shits.

“w-we can, spend the night at johnny's…”

“why would you spend a night with them?”

he lifts his head up, and with a small pout he replies. “he's my brother. at this times, i can run to him.”

i gasp, loudly gasp in shock. “brother? you mean? johnny? is your hyung?”

he nodded.

“uncle johnny? uncle johnny also wide house!” haechan lifted his hands in the air and waved it. “we go to uncle johnny?”

“wait. i didn't know that he was your brother?”

“he was the one who gave me the job after ten asked for a pregnancy leave, remember?”

“y-yeah…”

but i didn't know they had deep connections. i just thought they we're acquaintance. that's probably why johnny knew where he lives—that's now ash.

“i can ask him—”

“channie, how about you play around the living room? daddy and papa will talk first, hmm?”

“there's no need for that, s-sir—” donghyuck held my wrist and tugs it away from haechan but the baby was quick to pull me with him.

“channie, can watch tv?”

“yeah, hyuck wait here.” i motion for donghyuck to wait for me while i assist the baby to turn on the television and watch any movies that he wants.

“here… you want cars?”

haechan giggled and i'm happy and proud to say that i made him happy. then he nodded. that was my cue to leave him and go back to donghyuck who's just beside the stairs and biting off his nails.

“donghyuck.”

“m-mark.” he flinched. “johnny hyung still doesn't know what happened to our apartment.”

“it's okay for you to live here in the meantime.”

“i've already caused you lots of burdens. mark, this is my problem—”

“and i'm telling you that you don't have to face it alone.” i lean down a bit and wipe his brimming tears. “i was there when you knew what happened and i witnessed how you broke down. i'll be very bad to leave you alone in this. i feel like i'm somehow responsible.”

“you're not…”

pretty. very pretty. by the way his nose reddens and scrunched, by the way his eyes got glossy and tears fall, by the way his lips frowns. everything is very pretty, despite him crying. his hands holds the center of my suit and tightly clenched on it.

“i don't know w-what to do a-anymore.”

then there, he broke down again. sobbing even more loudly than he did when he saw their apartment burnt down. tears fall even more and harder than what he already released earlier.