twelve

“sir?”

“yes?”

“you don't have scheduled meetings from this point on.” he says with much more bigger voice now. donghyuck is twisting his arm playfully.

“and?”

i think he's about to ask for something.

“can i… go out?”

there it is. my lips tugs into wide smile while slowly shaking my head. i just find this very adorable. so, i decided to tease him first although i know i'd actually say yes.

i placed the papers neatly on the side before looking at him boredly.

“it's just three pm?” i raised a brow before turning on my heels, setting my body on the desk and interlace my legs.

he fiddles with his finger. “it's 3:59. technically, i only have one hour left.”

i chuckle. “are you disregarding that one hour? we can do much inside that span of time donghyuck.”

he frowns. i can tell that he was expecting for me to say yes directly and he's very disappointed that i didn't.

“so, i can't…”

he looks so cute with this.

“you can't.” i play with him.

“ah!” he puffs out a breath. “come on!”

he's playing with me as well. normally, he'd just accept everything that i say but it's my first time seeing him like this.

he scoots forward then hold my waist. “come on? i'll work overtime tomorrow.”

“you live with me.” i flick his forehead. “what are you talking about?”

he pouts and removed his hands away from me but i tug him back and chortle.

“i was just kidding with you.” i explained. “you can go now if you want to.”

he giggles. “thank you.”

“where are you going by the way?” i ask.

“just… around.”

“around? where?” my eyebrows furrow. “how about channie?”

“i'm gonna fetch him from jaemin after.” he shrugs. then he grabbed his jacket and wore it while ruffling his own hair.

“are you perhaps… meeting someone?”

my heart cracks a bit at the thought. what can i do anyway? even the thought of confessing is already making me shudder. damn. i bet johnny's very disappointed with me right now if he knows my thoughts.

“no.” he giggles. “i'm not interested.”

i don't know if this hurts the most or the other one. knowing that he's meeting someone else might he more heartbreaking but knowing that he's not interested in romantic relationships and with literally anyone right now, which includes me, is still bothering.

“what time will you come home?” i clear my throat while focusing on his actions.

“i won't take long… we'll be home probably, around, six pm. why?”

i walk towards him while he waits for me to finally be close to him.

“let's eat dinner together.”

dinner. just fucking dinner. but hell, i feel like my limbs are going weak while anticipating for his answer.

he's fucking thinking!