25: Feeling of Happiness

"This place is huge!" Soobin gawked at the sheer size of the building they entered. "It looks even bigger in here than it did out there."

Yeonjun smiled at Soobin's reactions, happy to see that the taller is kind of letting go. Literal sparkles could be seen reflecting in Soobin's eyes.

The place they entered was the local mall, which just so happened to be very large. Countless shops could be seen on the first floor, doubling when the boys looked up at the second floor. There is a such wide variety of stores and things to do. And the place itself is in great shape, there was no litter, vandalism, or signs of disruption. Just an up-kept mall with plenty of places to sit and room to walk.

"Alright, here." Yeonjun regained all of the younger boys's attention, pulling one of his backpack straps off his shoulder to pull out what he was looking for. "I wasn't sure how keen we are on splitting up, but even if we don't you each should have some money on you."

Yeonjun handed everyone the equivalent of thirty dollars, keeping the leftover amount in his bag.

"Keep it in a safe place." Yeonjun added, readjusting his bag. Just as Huening Kai was going to speak Yeonjun cut him off. "Yes, you can spend it on whatever you want. That money is to spend on fun stuff. So don't worry about food or survival, I still have things planned out."

The excitement could be seen on all of their faces, and Yeonjun couldn't help but smile at that.

"Thank you Yeonjunie!" Huening Kai said, his voice a higher pitch.

Huening Kai proceeded to rush over and pull Yeonjun into a tight hug, of which Yeonjun returned after the initial shock.

"But I'm going to steal Soobin now!" The youngest pulled away, his tone changing to a playful evilness.

Soobin was then dragged from his place by a laughing Huening Kai, looking back at Yeonjun who stood in complete confusion. Yeonjun wanted to stop the two, wanting to spend this time with Soobin as well, but he let it slide.

"So was there—" Yeonjun cut himself off when he turned to the side, expecting to see Beomgyu and Taehyun but only saw air where they once stood.

Panicking briefly, Yeonjun looked around at all of the nearby stores, soon finding Taehyun and Beomgyu in a clothing store. A sigh escaped Yeonjun's lips once he realized that even after bringing these boys here he was ditched.

"I guess I'm by myself then." Yeonjun muttered, walking further into the mall while looking around at all of the stores.

It's been years since Yeonjun's been inside a mall, the last time being in middle school. The day that everything started going downhill.... So it was kind of nostalgic to him, even if he is in a completely different mall. To think that all of these years later what has come of Yeonjun's life. It almost felt like being here was a symbol that things were taking a turn for the better, wrapping up a chapter of his life.

"These are so cute, I just want to take them all with me." Huening Kai squealed, hugging a rabbit plushie close to his chest.

Soobin laughed, scratching the back of his neck as he looked around the store. Thankfully it wasn't an extremely busy day and anyone in the store seemed to just ignore the excited boy.