19: Lost My Mind

Sneaking around the perimeter of the house was easy, even in broad daylight. Nobody was out on the street and the neighborhood was already pretty desolate anyways. It was one of the run down ones in the area, opposite of the neighborhood Taehyun's house is located in, far opposite of Beomgyu's old neighborhood. Yeonjun though, he was used to this type of place.

It was thankfully a one story house and Yeonjun believed there wasn't a basement as the house he lived in didn't have one. They peeked through windows skeptically, anxiety spiking as they were trying not to get caught. Yeonjun was trying his best to listen for any sort of movement, or even another scream in hopes of giving away Taehyun's location.

Beomgyu shot himself down to the ground, back pressed against the wall underneath the window he just peeked through. His eyes were wide and his chest rose and fell quicker than before. Yeonjun copied Beomgyu's position without knowing what happened.

"That is so fucking creepy." Beomgyu whispered, trying to get his hands to stop shaking by pressing them against his knees.

"What is?" Yeonjun questioned, sitting up to look through the window.

Beomgyu stopped him though, holding him in his place. Feeling the youngers hand on his shoulder made Yeonjun think of their first ever encounter. He immediately stopped his mind from thinking too deeply into that though, not the time or place to think of things like that.

"This room looks exactly like Taehyun's room." Beomgyu kept his voice low, letting go of Yeonjun. He continued to elaborate when the older sent him a confused look. "I mean this room looks exactly like Taehyun's from his own house. Like his uncle replicated his actual room here. Down to the color of the walls and location of furniture. It's very, very creepy."

Both boys held their breath when it sounded like glass shattered from within the house. Nothing else but silence followed though.

"Everything was smashed though, something definitely happened." Beomgyu explained hurriedly, looking at Yeonjun for what to do next. "I'm really beginning to believe you now with what you said earlier."

For the hundredth time that day Yeonjun released a very heavy breath.

"We have to break in, there's no other choice." Yeonjun said monotonously, holding his hand up to stop Beomgyu from speaking. "If we knock on the front door there's no chance Taehyun's uncle would let us see him, especially is we aren't supposed to know Taehyun is here. And it isn't safe to split up in this situation. So causing any type of distraction is out of the plan, it'll just put everyone in more danger. Leaving the only other option to open this window and find Taehyun."

Biting his lip, Beomgyu nodded his head. He couldn't come up with any other plan and believed everything that Yeonjun said made sense.

The older stood up first, peering through the window and finding the room desolate. His hands went up to the window pane, trying to force it upwards. Of course it didn't budge, there was a lock on it. Yet for some bizarre reason, the lock holding the window in place was on the outside. The person who put it here probably being more concerned with keeping someone in rather than keeping anyone else out.

Yeonjun tore off his bag, looking for anything to pick the lock. The younger boy by his side caught the memo and looked through his own belongings as well. Both of them grew impatient as they couldn't find any desired item that could possibly help them break in.

A loud thump caused them both to pause. They stood and looked back inside seeing nothing different. Again, their guts told them something was wrong.

"Fuck it." Beomgyu cursed, looking around and finding a decently sized rock.

Yeonjun didn't even have time to stop the younger before the rock collided with the glass, shattering it into pieces. They both cringed at the sound, Yeonjun looking at Beomgyu almost in disbelief. He never imagined the younger doing something like that, even in a desperate situation.