09: Effects of a Storm

Yeonjun awoke to a dark sky filled with grey clouds. He moved his right arm up to his face to rub the sleepiness from his eyes, hesitant to move too much due to the weight on the rest of his body. Cautiously he lifted his head to see Soobin still asleep against his chest, it brought a small smile to his face. He laid his head back on his backpack, ever so slightly tightening his grip against Soobin's waist.

They had been in the forest for a few days now, getting to know each other better along with simply hiding from society. But Yeonjun knew they'd have to leave today, not only because of how the sky is looking, but also because they've run out of food. He honestly hated the idea of having to leave at this point, he's genuinely enjoyed being around Soobin like this.

It was strange at first for the both of them, in many ways. Being open was one thing, which they both surprisingly were okay with for the most part. Then there was Soobin's newfound liking of physical touch, which they both were still getting used to. To Yeonjun, it was strange because no one has ever touched him in a caring manner and he didn't entirely know how to reciprocate it, and Soobin came to the realization as long as he initiated the touch he wasn't entirely uncomfortable. Though its still a learning process for them both.

Yeonjun's attention tore away from the clouds when Soobin groaned and moved a bit, signifying that he had woken up. Yeonjun removed his hand from Soobin's waist, instead resting it on the ground off to the side. The younger proceeded to sit upright facing away from Yeonjun as he rubbed the side of his face and ran a hand through his hair.

Yeonjun followed in suit and sat up as well, stretching out his sore limbs quietly.

"Is it going to rain?" Soobin asked, his voice deep and raspy from just waking up.

"It looks like it will." Yeonjun answered with a sigh. "We should get back into town anyways."

Soobin turned around, a small pout formed on his lips. The sight was oddly cute, Soobin's hair being all ruffled, his lips formed into a pout, his eyes still kind of droopy from sleep. Yeonjun just looked at the younger with an unintentionally soft gaze.

"How likely is it that we'll get chased?" Soobin also sighed, moving to grab his bag.

Yeonjun hummed, shaking his head briefly to snap himself out of his thoughts. "I don't think the chance is high. Since its such a gloomy day I doubt many people will be out. But I can't entirely say much if the police are specifically looking for you."

"God I hate my parents." Soobin groaned, his head rolling back and staying there so he could watch the clouds. "They didn't even care for me, yet they're going through all of this hassle and for what? It's not like I would've been with them much longer if I went to college."

Yeonjun let Soobin rant, silently listening as they he ensured he had everything in his own backpack. As Soobin still mumbled some things to himself, Yeonjun folded the blankets and returned the to the basket up in the tree using minimal effort.

"My parents were the same way." Yeonjun stated monotonously as he walked back to the taller. "To this day I don't understand why they put so much effort into keeping me." He paused and sighed, a few memories flashing behind his eyes. "I mean, I guess they did use me to do all of the chores around the house and whatnot..."

"Will we go to Huening Kai's place?" Soobin intervened in hopes of changing the topic after realizing how much he ranted and the path this conversation could go on.

"I was thinking we would, at least stay there for the time being if he'll let us." Yeonjun quickly answered after refocusing his thoughts.

Soobin nodded his head, standing from his place while putting a jacket on over his shoulders. He proceeded to lift his backpack as well and put it on, Yeonjun doing the same. They gave each other brief looks before moving out of the way they came into the alcove, Yeonjun holding up the branches and foliage blocking the way.