21: Found Again

Yeonjun tapped his fingers against the steering wheel, feeling impatient after sitting at so many stop lights. It seemed the world was against him as every traffic light he drove up on turned red. Yet at the same time it allowed him to stop and think for a few moments. Time to calm himself down and think rationally.

Looking into the rear view mirror, Yeonjun saw Beomgyu and Taehyun resting their heads on top of each other's, eyes closed. His eyes scanned the youngers forms, noticing how much better they looked from a few months ago. Sure Taehyun still has his cast and Beomgyu has some bandages around his hands, but they look healthy. Somehow happy in this messed up situation.

The light turned green and Yeonjun pressed on the gas pedal. He still hasn't told them why they were out of their hometown for so long, he couldn't tell them. Watching Taehyun recover from the trauma and be so strong...Yeonjun couldn't say something to ruin that. Both younger boys seemed to try and push all of the bad, unwanted memories away. They talked about that day once, and that was it.

The sun was getting low in the sky, but not near where it would set over the horizon.

Yeonjun knew he was getting closer, he started recognizing buildings and street sighs. Somehow this familiar place seemed different. While he always thought it was void of color, it seemed even dimmer. He couldn't see anyone on the streets, no one about. Hell even the roads seemed awfully quiet.

"Hey, are you guys awake?" Yeonjun spoke up, keeping his eyes on the road but reaching a hand back to smack at one of the youngers legs.

He heard a muffled groan, then some shuffling around.

"Now we are." Beomgyu muttered, voice slightly hoarse.

Taehyun hummed in agreement, sitting upright trying to relieve his sore neck.

"I'm parking and we'll walk over to the bakery." Yeonjun explained monotonously, glancing in the mirror at the boys. "I remember that the roads are smaller over there, so no place to park."

"Where? Like a parking garage or something?" Beomgyu rubbed his eyes then looked around, seeing nothing but older buildings and desolate streets.

"Yeah, I guess." Yeonjun muttered in reply, keeping a look out for someplace that wouldn't charge him to park.

Eventually he did find an open place that had free parking, but it was going to be a ten to fifteen minute walk to the bakery. Not that anyone really minded. They each got out of the vehicle, taking all of their belongings with them. A loud beep was heard as they started walking away, Yeonjun placing the keys in his pocket.

It was really quiet, the two younger boys simply following Yeonjun's lead while keeping their heads low. They walked at a normal pace, Yeonjun scanning around the area on high alert. He felt a sense of paranoia creep over him, but he knew he was just putting too much thought into it. Memories flooded his mind and made him oddly excited along with anxious. Please be here.

"Do you think they'll be shocked to see us?" Taehyun asked quietly, picking up his pace slightly to walk besides Yeonjun. "Your friends."

Yeonjun turned his gaze to the younger boy, then back at Beomgyu briefly.

"I'm not sure. There's probably going to be some shock since I was by myself before I met them, and it took me a bit to get used to having company." Yeonjun trailed off, poking the inside of his cheek with his tongue. "But on the other hand, if they kept up with the news, which I would think they have, then they'll know that I'm not alone." Again he paused, pushing his hands into his pockets. "Either way they'll probably be shocked at some point, but I'm sure Soobin and Huening Kai will be understanding though."