06: Piercing

Yeonjun woke up with a heavy heart. He laid on his side for some time, just staring off into space while listening to the shower water run in the next room. At some point he pulled himself upright, running a hand through his messy hair.

The door opened letting out steam that was trapped within the bathroom. Yeonjun looked over at the taller boy rubbing a towel against his head. Soobin wore a hoodie that had many colorful prints on it and torn black jeans hugging his legs. His curious eyes made contact with Yeonjun's dull ones.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" Soobin's quiet voice rang through the room.

Yeonjun shook his head, kicking his feet off of the bed. It only processed then that he hadn't pulled the covers over his body the night before.

"I was already awake, don't worry." Yeonjun dismissed, his voice raspy from recently waking up.

Soobin nodded his head, wrapping the towel around his neck and moving to rest his knees against the side of the bed. Yeonjun watched him intently, noticing that the taller had a conflicted expression on his face.

"Is everything okay?" Yeonjun asked, almost snapping Soobin out of his thoughts.

"Ah, yeah." Soobin trailed off, reaching behind him to grab his backpack and pull it onto the bed.

"You look like you wanna say something." Yeonjun tried to encourage while still trying not to break boundaries.

"I-just-well...this is really random, but did it hurt when you pierced your own ears?" Soobin seemed shy as he spoke, keeping his gaze on his bag.

Yeonjun, taken aback by the sudden interest, tried to think back to when he did pierce his ears. He released a heavy breath.

"I mean, it was nothing extremely painful, but I have a relatively high pain tolerance." Yeonjun shrugged, turning his body to face the taller. "Did you want your ears pierced?"

Soobin bit his lip, nodding his head slowly. The action made Yeonjun show a small smile.

"I can see if the front desk can give us some ice, and I might have some extra earrings in my bag." Yeonjun explained, crawling across the bed to grab his own bag.

"I-I have earrings." Soobin spoke up, pulling a small box out of his bag. "I just was never allowed to pierce my ears...for many reasons."

Yeonjun sat in front of Soobin, finding it amusing that while he was sitting up on his knees Soobin had to look up to him. The younger opened the small box, revealing two black studs that slightly shimmered in the light. The smile on Yeonjun's face grew before disappearing from his features.

"I'll go take a shower, then I'll try to find ice somewhere." Yeonjun explained, reaching into his bag to find a different pair of clothes.

"Why do you need ice?" Soobin asked innocently, making room for Yeonjun to get off the bed.

"So I can numb the area of your ears that you want the holes to be." Yeonjun chuckled, looking back before he entered the bathroom. "I'll be fast."

Soobin moved to sit on the bed, bringing his hand up to run through his hair again. It was starting to feel real, that he escaped his parents, that he couldn't be hurt anymore, by them at least. Something still held him back though, so he hoped that as he spent more and more time with this boy he could break free from the chains that still bind him. Already he's done things that in his eighteen years of life he was never able to do before. While it was exciting it also scared him greatly.

He looked at the earring in the box, smiling to himself. He had bought them almost a year ago with money he managed to save up, all of which his parents knew nothing about. To this day he didn't really know why he bought them, there was nothing too outstanding about them, but they just called to him. Even after buying the jewelry he didn't have the guts to ask for his ears to be pierced, and he most certainly wouldn't of gotten them done without his parents permission. Soobin simply having the earrings in his possession was a beating waiting to happen.