07: Unexpected Encounter

The streets were pretty busy when they made it back into the main part of town. Yeonjun had figured out it was a Saturday afternoon so it was no surprise after that. Soobin kept close to the olders side as they walked through many different areas, unconsciously avoiding bumping into people or getting too close to a group. Eventually though they did stop in a corner store as Yeonjun wanted to.

"I'm going to find rubbing alcohol, you could look for snacks if you want." Yeonjun said after a bell chimed signifying their entrance.

Soobin hummed in acknowledgement, moving in a different direction to look through the snack aisles. He hadn't particularly thought about food until now, making him realize just how hungry he is. So he picked out a few inexpensive items for both himself and Yeonjun, hoping that he wasn't entirely picky.

In minutes time he returned to the olders side who had successfully found what he was looking for. Yeonjun had also gotten a small package of cotton balls as well. Together they walked up to the counter to pay for their items, earning strange, almost disapproving looks from the cashier. Yeonjun rolled his eyes and paid, taking the bag out of the cashiers hands.

"Did you want to go and sit somewhere?" Yeonjun asked after releasing a heavy sigh. "I think if we keep walking in this direction theres a park."

Soobin a few steps behind the shorter, readjusting his backpack everyone once and a while. He hummed in acknowledgment.

"I don't mind." Soobin muttered, looking around at the people.

"Do you not like crowds?" Yeonjun turned his head slightly to check on Soobin.

"No, not really." Soobin lowered his voice even more, releasing a shaky breath. "Being around a lot of people makes me anxious."

"Come on." Yeonjun responded, cautiously reaching back to hold Soobin's wrist.

The younger boy didn't resist as Yeonjun quickly pulled him through the crowds. He felt at peace when Yeonjun held onto him, though the nagging voice at the back of his head keeps telling him that he isn't safe under anyone's touch.

Soobin wished for those thoughts to just stop and disappear, to never bother him again. Still, he knew that they would follow him for a long time.

As per usual, many nasty looks were thrown in Yeonjun's direction, which he still ignores. To this day he never truly understood what it was about him that made people look at him the way they did. Because he highly doubted any of these people knew him or even recognized him, leaving him to believe it was his demeanor, his clothes, maybe even just the way he walks. Not that it mattered. He knew that those looks would follow him for a long time.

Yeonjun let go of Soobin's wrist when they entered a well-kept park. It was pretty busy, filled with kids, people having picnics, and families spending time together. The two boys simply made their way over to a shaded tree and sat on the grass away from everyone. They placed their bags besides them and rested their backs against the tree.

"Do people usually stare this much?" Soobin whispered, leaning over slightly to keep his voice down. "Or am I use being hyper sensitive to it?"

"There's usually a lot of people that stare at me, so yeah. It seems like a bit much today though." Yeonjun answered monotonously, turning his head to look at Soobin. "Does it really bother you that much?"

"I mean, not entirely." Soobin weakly responded, glancing around the park to see disapproving parents looking in their direction. "I just can't help think something bad is going to happen because of some of the ways people are looking at us."

"I won't let anything happen." Yeonjun sighed, showing a small half smile. After a slight pause he decided to change the topic. "What food did you pick out? I wasn't even paying attention."