To the Dance

I woke up and was walking to school, Dan was already at school. I walked into school when I noticed that the Fall Dance was soon. I went over to my friend Emma. "Hello, Emma," I said. "Hi, Lily," Emma said, putting books in her locker. "So... are you going to the dance?" I asked. "Yeah, I hope Ryan asks me, " Emma said, looking over at Ryan. "What about you?" Emma asked. "I don't know. I might just go solo. I mean I don't think anyone will ask me," I said trying to hide that Dan and I are dating. Emma headed to choir practice.

Then Dan came up behind me and tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around. "Hi, Dan," I said. "Hi, Lily," Dan started. "Can I ask you something?" Dan asked. "Sure..." I replied. "Will you go to the Fall Dance with me?" Dan asked. I blushed. "Yes, of course!" I replied. I was smiling so hard. Soon enough, the bell rang. Time for gym. Emma and I ran towards each other. "Emma!" I shouted. "Lily!" Emma shouted. We stood in front of each other. "Guess who asked me to the dance!!!" we both asked each other excitedly. "You first," I offered. "Okay! Ryan asked me!" Emma said. "That's amazing!" I said. "So who asked you?" Emma asked. "Dan!" I said. "He is cute," Emma said. "Yeah," I replied with a smile.

TIME SKIP TO NIGHT OF DANCE

Dan texted me saying he would pick me up around eight. I put on my red dress. I also wore red lipstick and sleek heels. Then Dan arrived. "Hey, Dan," I said. "Hey, Lily! You look pretty," Dan replied. I blushed all the way to the dance. Most people were surprised that we went together, but we didn't care. We were dancing the night away! Until Emma requested a slow song... I looked over at her and she smiled and mouthed the words 'your welcome'. So Dan and I slow danced like the others. I put my arms around dans neck and I laid my head on Dan's shoulder, beside his neck. He put his arms around my waste. I felt safe like this. We danced like this for a while. Then a fast song came on. Emma and Ryan came over. "Hey wanna play truth or dare outside?" Ryan asked. Ryan and Dan were friends and Emma and I were friends. "Sure," I said. "Okay," Dan said.

We went outside. It was cold. I was wearing a short sleeve dress that night, so Dan gave me his jacket. I blushed. "Okay, Lily... Truth or dare..?" Emma said. "Umm truth," I said. "Is it true that you used to live in America?" Emma asked. "Yes, it is true," I said. "Okay... Ryan. Truth or dare...?" I asked. "Dare," Ryan replied. "I dare you to kiss Emma" I said. Emma looked at me. I mouthed the words 'your welcome'. She smiled. Ryan leaned in and kissed Emma! It was so cute! Emma blushed. "So that's what it feels like to kiss a pretty girl, " Ryan said. Emma was blushing. "Awwwwwww," I said. "Dan, truth or dare?" Ryan asked. "I chose dare," Dan said. "I dare you to kiss Lily," Ryan said.

This would be the first time we kissed at school and with friends around. Dan kissed me on the lips romantically. I was blushing so hard. "So I guess we all are dating," Ryan said. "Yup," we all replied. Since the songs they were playing at the moment were lame, we played music from Emma's phone. We listened to 'Lean on me'. Dan and I were leaning on each other and Emma and Ryan were leaning on each other, swaying back and forth. Emma and I started to sing the lyrics. "Your voice is beautiful," Dan and Ryan said. Emma and I blushed.

By the time the song was over, we had to go home. So Dan walked me home. As we were on my driveway, Dan said "I had fun tonight." "Me too," I said. It started to rain. We stood there for a moment, then Dan kissed me. He kissed me very passionately and romantically this time. Then we were soaked so I went inside and Dan went home. I went to bed.