Smoke and mirrors

A/N: Last chapter of this book is here! As usual, a small epilogue was posted as well! Make you sure you read them both! Also, let me know your thougths!

"That's impossible..." Diana mumbled as she went through some of Scott's stuff around his room with Stiles and Malia. "There's no way he has nothing of Kira's here."

"Here, try that." Stiles said, pulling out a hoodie from Scott's closet and tossing it over to Malia.

"Fabric softener." The girl said, after taking a sniff of the hoodie.

Stiles grumbled something under his breath then, probably something about Scott and Kira being too damn neat for their own sake, but was quick to move toward the bathroom to pull out one of his dirty pajamas bottoms and show it to Malia. The girl cut her eyes at him.

"Remember, Scott's life is on the line." Stiles said, causing Malia to roll her eyes as she spun around in her own heels as she took a look around the room and picked up one of Scott's pillows. "Yeah, that works, too."

After taking a sniff at it, Malia closed her eyes for a second, trying to commit his smell to memory. That was when Diana rose from her spot on the floor by Scott's bed as she reached underneath it and pulled out something from it.

"I found her sword." She announced, giving it to Malia as the girl sniffed it too.

"Is not strong enough." She said.

"Maybe I can call Lydia so she can get something from Kira's locker." Diana offered as Stiles nodded.

"Good, call her." Stiles said, already walking out of Scott's room and down the stairs with the two girls after him. "Tell her to meet us."

Diana nodded then, pulling her phone from her jacket as she started to write her best friend a text. So distracted by her phone, Diana almost missed everything else going on around her, but when Stiles groaned, she looked up, only to find no one other than Liam standing by Scott's kitchen table.

"Liam, go home." Stiles said, as he, Diana and Malia walked past him. "You're not coming with us."

"Why not?" Liam demanded following the three older kids around the house.

"Because it's a full moon, and I don't feel like driving all the way down to Mexico just to have you rip my throat out." Stiles explained.

"You can lock me up, right?" Liam offered. "Chain me down to the backseat or something?"

"You tore through the last chains, remember?" Malia said.

'Yeah, we would have to freeze you in carbonite to get you down there." Stiles said, as Liam nodded, absolutely clueless.

"Okay, then where do we get carbonite?" He asked, innocently as Stiles made a face.

"Seriously?" He almost scoffed. "You haven't seen it, either?"

When Diana and Malia both turned to look at him, Stiles groaned, turning around to start making his way again out of Scott's house and toward his jeep, but Liam called out for them again.

"Wait!" Liam said, as the three of them stopped and turned around to look at him. "What if we put me in the trunk?"

"You'd probably get out of that, too." Diana said.

"Liam, you've been a werewolf all of five minutes." Stiles said. "You don't have to do this."

"I know I don't, but I want to." Liam insisted, as Diana sent him a worried look that Liam was quick to ignore. "There's gotta be bigger chains, a bigger trunk, or something! There has to be."