Muted

It was a week after the robbery of 117 million dollars from the Hale vault, and everything started to seem a bit too quiet. Derek was back to his normal age, there was no sign of Kate, no killings happening for no reason and no supernatural anything going on. Actually, there had been a murder of an entire family the night before, but the police was handling it just fine, so the kids, for once, could actually focus on being kids and going to school. At least, most of them could.

Lydia was having some trouble concentrating in anything considering, even after having found Derek and having him back to his usual self, Lydia could still hear that voice, muffled in the back of her head. Find me, Lydia, it always said. Find me. And Lydia did try, but considering she couldn't recognize the voice and she hadn't driven off anywhere without realizing over the past few days, there wasn't much she could do. So, instead, she chose to try and live her life as best as she could. Which included attending math class like every other student in school.

"I hate math." Lydia could hear Malia complaining as Stiles practically pushed her inside the class. "It's pointless."

"It's school! School is important, and math is essential." Stiles argued, sitting Malia down in front of him and just beside Lydia.

"To what?" Malia scoffed.

"Knowing how much to tip at restaurants." Stiles said, causing Lydia to roll her eyes.

"And other less important things, like medicine, economics, engineering..." She said, leaning closer to Malia as Stiles shrugged.

"Tipping." He said, causing Lydia to scoff at him.

"All right, volunteers to the board!" The teacher announced as soon as she was done writing down some equations on the board. "Lydia, Diego, Malia..."

"Hum... I didn't volunteer." Malia said, as Lydia already stood up to walk up to the front of the class.

"You did now." The teacher said. "To the board!"

Noticing her nerves, Stiles tried to encourage her, sending her two thumbs up, only to have Malia turn around to glare at him and growl lowly at his face. Still, the girl did as she was told, standing up and walking toward the board. Positioning herself just beside Lydia, Malia reached for the chalk, but just stood there for a second, completely lost on how to even start.

"Did you go over the notes I gave you?" Lydia whispered, once she noticed Malia's nervousness.

"I didn't understand them." Malia whispered back.

Sighing, Lydia looked around to make sure no one was watching them and, as soon as she was done with her equation, she took a look at the one in front of Malia, solving it in her head in a second before leaning over to girl.

"X equals twenty-five." She whispered, as Malia let out a heavy sigh of relief as she started to write down the answer. "And sweetheart? Put away the claws."

Putting her chalk down, Lydia wiped her hands from the dust and sent Malia a look as the girl sucked in a deep breath, trying to calm down and hide away the claws she hadn't even noticed she had put out, before Lydia walked back toward her seat and looking at the empty chair beside her, sighing quietly when she realized that, if Diana was still there, she would've been there - beside Lydia, in front of Stiles, talking and laughing with them. Lydia sighed, looking away from the seat when Malia walked over to sit on it, and she looked down at her notes, as she groaned when the voice in her head suddenly sounded louder than usual.

"Lydia?" Stiles asked, wiping his head in her direction once he noticed the expression on her face. "You okay?"

"Yeah." Lydia lied, looking down at her notebook and frowning when she noticed the address she had written down at some point without even remembering it in the first place. "Yeah, I'm fine."