I.E.D.

It was driving Diana insane, watching as Lydia tortured herself over and over again, listening to whatever it was that she heard when that record player was spinning as she tried to look for the second key. Diana was sitting off to the side of the soundproof room with Kira and Malia, all of the girls worried for Lydia's state and trying to keep an eye on her even though they weren't entirely sure to help either. So, instead, they just stayed quiet, Malia glaring at Diana every once in a while as the blonde tried to ignore it. Kira - bless her - was doing her very best not to show any emotion at the moment, but even that was getting under Diana's nerves and, eventually, she decided enough was enough.

Exchanging a quick look with Kira, Diana silently asked her to keep an eye on Lydia and when she nodded, Diana stood up. Walking over to the door, Diana waved Malia over when she passed her by and held the door open for her when the werecoyote reluctantly followed her out of the room. Trying not to disturb Lydia - and, also, trying to stall a little -, Diana slowly closed the door after her and, as soon as it clicked, Diana sighed, leaning against it as she finally lifted her eyes to meet Malia's.

"Look, I know this is probably very weird to you and, believe me... It's even weirder to me." She started, as Malia just stood there, with her arms crossed over her chest and a look on her eyes that made Diana suppose she was paying attention to her every heartbeat. "But I'm not a threat to you and I don't want you to be a threat to me."

"Stiles has been acting weird since you... Came back." Malia said, as Diana sighed.

"Everyone has been acting weird since I came back." She said. "And I swear to you, Malia... If I could... If I... If I knew how, I'd do anything to fix it. But I can't. Because I don't even know what's happening, really."

"You died." Malia said.

"I did." Diana nodded.

"And you came back."

"I did."

"How?"

"I don't know." Diana shrugged. "I have no idea."

Malia stopped for a second then, her eyes squinting a little as she listened to Diana's heart. She sighed when she realized it hadn't really changed pace at all.

"Stiles used to talk a lot about you." Malia said, and Diana looked down at the floor, not wanting to show how much her words were affecting her, even though she was sure Malia knew anyway. "I mean... For almost a month after you died, he barely left his room. But then he did, and he started hanging with Scott again and Scott was teaching me how to control my abilities so that meant he would hang with me too. So, for the first two weeks we got to know each other, Stiles would only ever talk about you. I think he needed it... Getting it off his chest after keeping it so long to himself. So I let him. But, after a while, he started to let go of you a little and I was there to help him through it. It wasn't easy on him, you know? But he did it. And after a while, he started to let me show him some of me too and I... I opened up to him about everything that had been happening to me after I changed back and we... Sort of clicked."

"I figured." Diana admitted, with a quiet voice as she nodded her head, wiping a single tear from her face away as she lifted her head to look at Malia again. "And I meant what I said... About me not being a threat to you. Because I'm not. I left him, Malia. Not because I wanted to, but I left him regardless. And I hurt him, I know I did. But you were there to pick up the pieces and when I look at him now, I know he's happy. He's happy in a way that he wouldn't be if it hadn't been for you. So, for that, I'm grateful to you and, as long as he's happy, so am I. So that's why I don't want us to be hostile toward each other."

And, once again, Malia just stood there, her dark brown eyes digging into Diana's as she focused on her hearing. Once she realized Diana hadn't lied for a moment in what she said, Malia nodded.