49. Fall into place

Start from the beginning

But not anymore. Their adoration for Safwa had her see she was actually more than what she looked. She was full of warmth for the people she loved and she loved Izaan's family dearly.

But the way Safwa and Izaan had to part ways was something all of them were still gutted about. So, seeing Memoona happy and almost contended when she was talking about Izaan made Maryam very happy and relieved.

"Why do you think so?"

"I'm a mother. I know so. I'm seeing his changed body language these days whenever Safwa is mentioned. I see him trying, something he couldn't do all these years so I can only hope and pray that whatever is it, it blooms fully and stays."

Maryam prayed that it was true. She wasn't close to Izaan, given the fact that he was almost always at the hospital and wasn't much on talking if he was around too. But she knew he was a gem and he deserved this.

Both him and Safwa.

"Ameen!"

Memoona mumbled the same. She was sure the right timing for this had come.

____

It was still too early for Zonish to get accustomed to this new place and its patterns, but what she was now used to, was the opened windows and salty fresh air. It was refreshing and she was growing too fond of it.

She also loved the small potted plants on the window sill. Their soothing fragrance in the evenings was calming to the mind after a packed day and she often found it more than relaxing to work close to the window.

And the cute couches in the living room. But the oddity of the beanbag was hilarious. It didn't fit in with the whole interior but it somehow felt important. It added to the whole variety this place was slowly making a home in her heart.

A warm mug of tea was placed in front of her.

And the tea.

Especially the tea.

She saw Hesham busy on his phone and in doing so, he conveniently pushed the plate of toast in front of her.

The one thing both of them agreed on the very next day of their wedding. They were both in favour of a light breakfast and nothing heavy was likeable. This made the morning fuss a calm affair, most of the time.

She finished her toast and saw him collecting his things from the side table. Coming close, she stood in front of him.

Hesham raised an eyebrow when Zonish made a face and started knotting his tie the right way. It was still hard to understand how he messed it up everyday.

But then a thought clicked her mind.

"You never wore a tie to the workplace before."

"Hun?"

Zonish was more sure now and it was making her want to laugh.

"It makes sense. I never saw you in one wherever we worked together."

"So, I didn't know you couldn't start wearing ties one day if you were wearing those from day one."

"Or you were trying to impress me."

Hesham looked away. Zonish got her answer.

"You so were."

"Get over yourself. I don't have to impress you."

"Bold of you to assume I'm already smitten."

"You are already the wife so we will eventually get there. It's a safe deal."