"Can you guys please leave us alone for a couple of minutes?" Dad surprised me by asking them to leave my sisters and I with him.

"Sure, let's go" Arielle said immediately and looked at Boone and Spencer, "We'll see you guys at the restaurant" She told us and took off. I felt Spencer passing by me putting her hand on my arm for support.

"Stay" Dad stopped Spencer who looked at him surprised, she looked at me but I couldn't decide for her what to do, "Please." She just nodded lightly and stayed with us while Arielle and Boone left.

"You're gonna make us stay for a simple misunderstanding?" Lisa mocked him with anger.

"No, he just want us to know why Lauren is making a mistake and she should be the one leaving the group, right?" Christina continued with the mocking. Honestly, I was really surprised with them. They've never talked to mom or dad like that, not that I know of, but I was surprised that they would do this for me though.

"Will someone tell me what's going on here?" Dani asked impatient.

"Lauren told mom and dad about Spencer, but apparently dad is not so loving and accepting as we thought" Lisa explained.

"What?! What did you do to her?" Dani got in a defensive mode too.

"Guys let him talk" Kathrine tried to calm things down.

"Come here, sit down Lauren" Dad asked me, I looked at Spencer dubious, but she didn't do or say anything, so I shook my head.

"No" I said and apparently that choked me, Spencer noticed immediately and wrapped her hand around my shoulders.

Christina's POV

I heard Lauren sniffle from the other side, since I was on other end and our sisters were between us, but I walked behind them to get to my birthday twin and put a hand on her back for support, Spencer was hugging her from the other side.

"When she came to tell you and mom you told her to get out, what do you want now?" I was surprised by myself for talking to my dad like that, but I couldn't shut up when it came to defend my sister.

"Lauren," He ignored me and focused on her, "I didn't know how to process what I was thinking when you told us, but I was able to get it out of me with the help of your mother, so now I want you to please listen to me." His voice was sweet and careful.

"How about you apologize?" Lisa was still defensive, but I let my guard down because I felt like he was trying to say something important.

"I love you Lauren," He started with that, good start. "When you told us you were dating a girl my mind went spiral with all that it meant... I just can't stop thinking about what it means for you going forward, to both of you" He looked at Spencer too.

"What do you mean?" I had to ask, I knew Lauren couldn't really speak right now and Spencer was too shy to talk to him.

"Life is not easy for people in the LGBT community, even though marriage is now legal in all the USA, everything is still complicated and hard... and the last thing I want is for my daughter to have a hard life." I saw Lauren looking up at him and I knew something has changed in her at that moment, "I'll still support you with whatever you choose, it's just hard for me to know that it's gonna be tough for you."

"Life is hard anyway" Dani shrugged her shoulders.

"Yes it is" Dad answered, "So imagine how much harder it'll be for your sister now." He gently put the palm of his hand on Lauren's cheek and wiped her tear.

"She's strong, she'll get through it, they both will" I corrected myself to refer to both Lauren and Spencer.

"I know" He said and kissed her forehead, "I know..."