Episode 21

I woke up with the alarm and didn't want to move even to stop or snooze it. But eventually I reached out heavily and looked at my phone after stopping the alarm. I sat straight right away, and looked at my phone, I had a text, from Spencer. My heart started beating erratically as I opened it.

Spence: Hey Laur, so... Hailee can't stop listening to your new song, she started crying the 1st time she heard it, then she got over crying and just kept playing it. I was wondering if you wrote it, it kinda reminded me the convo with my parents when you came over... either way thanks for the song, it made her feel really good and the song is great 😊

I read the text a couple times before it settled in. I wanted to cry, I missed her so much and now she texted me like I didn't try to reach out last week. I don't know if I should just answer normally or maybe say something else or call again.

"Laur" Amy came in my room and I blinked, tiredness washing again, "Oh good you're awake, Dani just called me, she told me to wake you up cause you didn't answer her and she is on her way here..."

"Dani? Oh right, yeah, we're going out" That's why I set the alarm at that time, Spencer's text threw me off my feet. "Hey Amy," I called her and patted the spot in bed asking her to sit down.

"What's up?" She sat down.

"If your boyfriend breaks up with you and then texts you to tell you he liked something that you posted, what would you do?" I asked and she laughed.

"That's random, do you want him back?" She asked straight away and I hesitated, not because I didn't know the answer, but because I felt too shy now to tell her that I do.

"I guess..."

"Then text him back, even if just to say thanks or something." I nodded with understanding but still didn't want to make a decision, "I didn't know you had a boyfriend, I knew you were seeing someone but then I thought it didn't work out or something."

"It did, but then it didn't anymore, I guess." I looked down and felt my eyes feeling up with tears.

"Oh I'm sorry" She hugged me for comfort until we heard the bell ring, "I'll get it." She left my room smiling at me and I rubbed my eyes and got up to start getting ready.

"Coffee" Dani gave me the cup of coffee and sat in front of me with her own.

"You were the one who was angry that Spencer broke up with me because I didn't open up to her, and now you're mad that Emmyn is hiding something from you?" I returned to the conversation we were having on our way here.

"This is different, we're getting married." She explained and I rolled my eyes.

"So? You chose to marry someone after meeting him for only a year, and at this age, obviously you won't know everything there is to know about him in a year." I said trying not to say it in an offensive way.

"Fine, you're right." She sighed with an annoyed expression, "You're always right, it sucks."

"Not for me it isn't" I winked just to keep annoying her and she huffed.

"Did you answer her?" Dani asked me changing the subject to the text I got this morning.

"No, I don't know what to say..."

"Then don't say anything, she doesn't deserve it, she didn't even mention the fact that you called her and she didn't pick up." Now Dani got back being mad at her.

"I know." I sighed and took a sip from my coffee.

"But?"

"But I miss her, I really miss her."