Chapter 16 || Fate

(A/N: I got a question for ya'll at the end! <3 )

Helena's POV (2 years ago)

It's been over four years since y/n died, and I've tried everything I can think of to take my mind off her, but nothing seems to work.

Here I am, alongside Tim, caring for my first child. The whole thing was exhausting but exciting at the same time.

Who would have guessed? My husband and the father of my child is the guy who is primarily responsible for my previous lover's death.

Everyone, especially y/n, makes me feel guilty. Every few days, I'd cry in the shower, thinking about all of my difficulties.

I expected to be happier, like my mother said, but none of this is making me happy. Given that we just had a child, it's too soon to divorce him.

I didn't want the child to go through life without a father figure, so I stayed.

When I looked at the clock, I saw it was nearly midnight. I'm sitting on the balcony past 1 a.m., imagining what life would be like if y/n were still here.

~~~

My phone rang as I was preparing dinner. It was my manager on the other end of the line when I picked it up. My manager normally doesn't call me after 4 p.m. It's a little strange.

"Hello?" I said as I picked it up.

"Helena, Have you heard the latest news?" He inquired.

"What's the latest?" His inquiry perplexed me.
"The news—just check it and call me back when you're finished," he said before hanging up.When I turned on the news, all I saw were gossips. Until I came upon an article that caught my attention, 'A GIRL SEEN TO LOOK SIMILAR TO ACTRESS Y/N GREGGORY! DOES Y/N HAVE A SECRET IDENTICAL TWIN?'

This news has left me totally flabbergasted. I was as quick as lightening when it came to clicking the news. I'd seen a few pictures of 'this girl.' I couldn't tell because the photographs were fuzzy, but she seemed identical.

The girl's hair is light brown and long. y/n are polar opposites. y/n have black hair and was short and wavy.

Not to mention, the fashion sense.. It's totally not y/n. Despite her differences, she appeared to be somewhat familiar.

I read it a few glance of the news. 'Huh- she's French and owns a business,' I thought to myself.

The page refreshed, and the news vanished before I could read any farther. As though it had been taken down.

'What just happened?' I was perplexed.

I dialed my manager's number again, and they answered in a matter of seconds.

"So? Have you seen it?" My manager asked.

"About a female that resembles y/n?" I spoke.

"Yes. She looks familiar."

"I'm not certain. The photos appeared blurry," I spoke as I shift in my seat, "Let me know if you can find anything about this girl," I added, uncertain.

~Present-time~

I haven't heard anything about that mysterious girl since that night. I needed to get my mind off of things. I went to the library that y/n and I both adored when we were dating. I went to the poetry area in the hopes of finding anything interesting.

On the top shelf, a book attracted my eyes but It was out of reach from me.

The book was then grabbed by someone's hand. This person was wearing a long sleeved creme colored blazer but my attention was drawn to the lady's exposed wrist as she went to grab the book. On the side of her right wrist was written, 'Honey.'

My heart began to sink. I was unable to think clearly. Is she..?

Your POV

I had to catch a flight to London roughly two weeks after my trip to Singapore. I'll be staying in a hotel for a few days there before heading to visit my uncle who also lives in London.

I'd always wanted to go here and thought it could be a good place to take a little vacation.

~~~

It was my 3rd day in London, and everything had gone according to plan. I was too preoccupied to even go anywhere on the first and the second day here. 

But today was different; there wasn't supposed to be a meeting today since Olivia had sorted it out and advised me to simply go exploring for the day.

I thought- 'right. I should visit the library! Finally.'  A driver took me to the city's largest library, which is located in the heart of the city. I was ecstatic.

Olivia didn't come with me today because she had to go to the office to take care of some business.

Of course, I walked straight to the poetry area and choose a book. I took a seat on the small stool and began reading.

After about 15 minutes, I spotted a lady struggling to pick up a book that's located in the top shelf in the corner of my eye. I got up and offered assistance.

"Here's your book," I smiled as I handed her the book, but she remained motionless.

Her hair is a beautiful curly brown and was styled into a low messy bun. Her jawline was razor-sharp, like a knife. Oh- how attractive this woman was in my eyes.

"Ooh- uhmm.. Are you oka-" I was rudely interrupted by my phone ringing in my pocket before I could finish my sentence.

"Oh sorry, I have to pick this up," I said as I realized, it was Olivia. I went away with the phone to my ear, placing the book on the shelf near her.

"What is it, Olivia?" I inquired.

"I know I said you were free today, but there's an urgent subject I need to talk with you in person, and the car is already outside." Her voice had a touch of concern in it as she talked.

"Okay, I'll be there in a little bit."

Before rushing out the door, I hung up the phone and gave the lady a friendly smile.

Back to Helena's POV

I stood there, absorbing it all in quietly. I noticed her features, her eyes, her smile, and the shape of her face.

For a little while, my muscles ceased to function. I was aware that the woman was speaking to me, but I was unable to respond.

I noticed her phone ringing, and as soon as she finished speaking with whoever was on the other end of the line, she flashed me a warm smile and walked away in a hurry.

"Wait-" I shouted, but she was already on her way out the door.

I hurried as fast as I could, but as soon as I stepped outside, I noticed her getting into a car across the street.

I couldn't just cross by because it was a busy day.

I stood there as I saw the car leaving.

'I didn't even get her name. Of course, classic Helena.' 

'but that can't be her. She's dead. No- it's not possible.'

My tears are streaming down my face. I've missed her so much. She was there, standing in front of me, but she had no idea who I was.

There's clearly something going on.

~~~

A/N HERE!!

Sorry for the cliffhanger everyone. I decided to change my way of writing a little, like I used more complicated words. letme know what you think of it! Should I keep writing this way? Or like the previous chapters?

Anyway- Don't forget to vote people! <33