▪️▪️▪️CH. 47▪️▪️▪️

With Jungkook now as comfortable as possible and the contractions stopped for the moment, Hoseok drew his cell phone and punched in the emergency contact number Jimin had given him. The call was answered within two rings. "Jimin?"

"Hoseok hyung? ETA?"

"ETA, fifteen minutes."

"Status?"

"Blood pressure a little high, pulse elevated, temperature normal."

"And the baby?"

"Fetal heartbeat was regular with no signs of distress when last checked."

"Contractions?"

"One since we left the mansion. Duration forty-five seconds."

"Strength?"

"That would depend on the scale you use," chuckled Hoseok. "Kookie has a pretty high tolerance for pain, or so I'm told, but this is childbirth and an entirely different kettle of fish. I'd say what women would rate as a level two, a man would rate as a level ten."

"Hey!" Jungkook pouted.

"Point noted." Jimin smiled even though no one could see it. "I spoke with Sejin."

"And?" Hoseok didn't want to say too much from his end, knowing that both Jin and Jungkook could hear him. He didn't need either one of them panicking anymore than they already were.

"It appears there is a hostage situation at the Glasshouse, Tae and Yoongi hyung are the only agents he has capable of pulling off this mission at the moment. No one else has the necessary skills. I can see his point but I still think that Taehyung should be here with Kookie."

"I agree. We can talk more once we arrive," replied Hoseok.

Jimin took the hint. "I was going to get you to come straight to the emergency entrance but it's too risky, too many people around. Get Jin hyung to drive around the back to the delivery bay, I'll meet you there."

"Delivery bay?" Hoseok quirked an eyebrow as he looked at Jungkook. "How appropriate."

Jimin chuckled. "I guess it is. I'll see you soon."

"Okay. We should be there in ten now."

"Right. Bye."

"Bye." Hoseok closed the phone and looked at Kookie but directed his words to Jin. "Jimin said it's too risky to take Kook in through the emergency entrance, too many people around."

"Okay. So, where are we going then?" asked Jin as he made another turn.

"Drive around the back to the delivery bay, he will be waiting there for us."

"The delivery bay, really..."

"Looks like you're not the only one with a quirky sense of humor, Jungkook," grinned Jin. "Personally I think it's perfect... delivery bay..." Jin continued to snicker away.

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

There were five politicians and businessmen remaining. They couldn't understand how these terrorists had managed to infiltrate the building and get through security..

Namjoon was studying the situation and calling on all his tactical skills to try to keep as many of them alive as possible. He knew the government wouldn't bow to the terrorists' demands, if they were to do so it would leave the door wide open in invitation to anyone else who had a hankering to air a grudge against the governing bodies of the time. No, the government would not bow down. Namjoon was pretty certain that the Ministry of National Security was now involved, the call from Taehyung had confirmed that for him. He also had the feeling that Tae would be a part of the 'rescue' mission from MNS. If that was the case he would need to try and figure out what plan of attack they would be likely to cook up and be prepared to assist in any way he could when the time arose.