▪️▪️▪️CH. 20▪️▪️▪️

When Taehyung returned home from work that evening he found a much happier Jungkook waiting for him. Walking in through the front door he was not only assaulted by the delicious smell of food cooking but he was also attacked by a bambi eyed whirlwind.

As soon as Jungkook heard Tae pulling up he wiped his hands on the towel and went to greet his partner. He wrapped his arms around Tae and hugged him tight, claiming his lips in a sweet kiss.

"Welcome home, Bear," he said huskily.

"Mmm... What did I do to deserve this?" Taehyung nuzzled Jungkook's neck.

"Do I have to have a reason to kiss the man I love and welcome him home?"

"No." Tae swooped in for another kiss, "Something smells nice," he said as he pulled away.

"I cooked dinner for you." Kookie's face was beaming and he gently took Tae's hand and led him to the kitchen, "You just sit there while I dish everything up."

Kookie turned back to the stove and hummed away as he put the food out onto the plates. Moments later the plates were transported to the table and Kook sat down opposite his partner.

"I hope you like it," Jungkook said as he reached for the salt.

Taehyung stared at the plate of food. The vivid colors of the vegetables stared back at him, carrots, broccoli, peas and corn, all jostling for room with the baked potato and large steak smothered in mushroom sauce. His mouth watered and he quickly picked up his knife and fork.

Jungkook watched from underneath his bangs, a smile tugging at his lips as Tae dug in. The look on his lover's face was simply wonderful, telling Kook that his efforts were obviously appreciated.

"Enjoying it?"

Taehyung could only nod for the moment, his mouth too busy chewing. "It's delicious, Bunny. Thank you."

"You're welcome." Kookie attacked his own plate with relish, something Tae was happy to see.

When dinner was over, Jungkook picked up their plates and dumped them in the sink. Taehyung stood and went to begin washing up, but Kookie tugged on his arm and pulled him away from the sink.

"We can do that later, Bear," he said.

"Come and sit with me for a bit first and tell me what's going on at headquarters."

Tae allowed himself to be led back to the lounge room and sat on the couch. They discussed the latest developments and cases that were occuring at MNS for a while before Tae changed the course of the conversation.

"I remembered to stop and get those sample pots of paint on the way home," he said as Jungkook cuddled next to him. "We can try them out whenever you want to."

"I think we can leave it for the weekend, hyungie," replied Kook as he snuggled close, rubbing his hand gently along Taehyung's thigh.

Taehyung felt himself responding to the touch and wrapped his arms around Jungkook, pulling him close and nuzzling his neck. "So, how was your day?"

"Oh, you know, the same old thing. Working on some more of the file cases, Hobi hyung dropped by."

"How is everything?"

"Fine. He took some blood, did the usual checks and everything is normal; well, as normal as it can be for a guy who's pregnant," Kook chuckled.

"Good." Taehyung began to rub his hands along Kook's back and sides now that he had an inkling of what his lover was up to. He kissed the soft skin of Kookie's neck, working his lips over the flesh and up to an earlobe where he began to nibble gently.