Chapter 18

Jay

It was a chaotic night for us. The guests already left and even after they are gone, all of us just stayed still where we are. I was still shaken by the fact that Jungwon is not really my brother, they're switched with Jaeyun.

I mean, when I spoke with Jaeyun a while ago, he is nice and indeed look like my grandfather during his younger years so it's no denial.

But I am concerned about the behavior of his parents. I mean, I understood that they're excited that they found their real son in Jungwon and they want to be with him already but why do they look like they just pushed Jaeyun aside because they already found their son?

I can't help but worry about Jaeyun, he could be hurt because the family he grew to love can just push him away because he's not theirs.

I now don't want Jungwon near them with that thought. What if they won't take care of him like how mom and dad did? What if Daniel won't look after him like I did? What if he won't be happy in his new family?

I am confident that Jaeyun will be well with us but what about Jungwon with them? Can I be at peace?

I look at my parents as they slowly stood up and went to their room.

"Jay . . take a rest . .  we'll talk tomorrow"

I nodded and stood up from where I'm seated.

"Wonie. . come on . . let's go"

He held my hand as we walk upstairs.

"Hyung? . . are you mad at me?"

I stopped my tracks when he asked that

"Why would I?"

"Because I left .  . and because I almost made you and Heeseung hyung fight? . ."

"I'm not mad . . . I'm just so happy you're back and you're alright. . don't do that again ok? Now go take some rest"

"Can I sleep in your room?"

A smile made its way on my face as I lead him to my room.

"If they will take me, will you say yes?"

I look at him as he stares at the floor with tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

"Will you? . . Wonie, know that whatever you decide, I will always be here"

"I don't want to hyung . . I like it here . . I don't want to go with them"

Immediately my hands reached out and wiped his tears as I pull him close.

"Shh. . . you're not going anywhere if you dont want to . ."

Taking off our shoes, we went under the covers as he just scoots closer to me with tears still falling from his eyes.

I slowly pat his back as I let him cry on me.

Jungwon

I can't help my tears from continuously falling. I felt so complicated. I feel sad that I'm not part of this family but another family and that Jay is not actually my brother. I hate the idea of being away from him and I don't like the thought that I will be living in another roof with another family I don't even know.

I don't mean bad to my biological parents but I am still not comfortable with them. And I don't hate my biological brother but it will take time before I will really be comfortable with him, with them.