28

"Tae, what's wrong?" Seiji spoke worriedly, backing up her car from the parking lot.

The boy's lips wobbled as he searched for the right words to say. 'Hyung left..."

"Hobi?"

Taehyung nodded unconsciously.

"What do you mean he left?" 

"He— we had a date tonight. And he came. He looked troubled since t-the moment... the moment he arrived and then he j-just stood up and left— and I'm worried. He won't pick my calls and has me on read, Seiji, he isn't responding," Another sob left his mouth.

"Hey hey. Don't cry, yeah? I'm on my way home, I will check up on him and call you okay?" She tried to console her best friend. "Drink some water and go to bed, right? Don't stay up all night. I'll text you right away if anything happens."

Taehyung bit his lips. "Please tell him I am sorry for whatever I did and if he is upset with me. I will do anything to make it up."

"I will, Tae. Don't blame yourself for something that might not even be your fault."

"I can't lose him over trivial matters, I love him too much for that," He whispered as more tears made their way down his cheeks.

"I know," Seiji replied in a soft voice. "And I am sure he does too." 

Taehyung cut the call abruptly, pushing his face into his pillow and letting his tears flow freely.

Seiji's hand shook the slightest as she opened the front door and made her way towards her brother's room. The door was cracked open the slightest bit, but the lights were off. His cell phone provided a dim glow to the otherwise dark room. 

Hoseok was lying in the middle of the bed, numerous blankets piled upon him, even though it wasn't remotely cold outside. His form wasn't visible from under the mountain of blankets. 

Seiji stared at him before looking at his phone. There were numerous calls and texts from Taehyung asking him to talk to him or at least reply if everything is okay. She looked at the home screen, which was a picture of Taehyung kissing Hoseok's cheeks.

Sighing to herself, she walked towards Hoseok's form and laid on the bed face down, motionless. Staring for a long moment at the bare walls on her left, waiting for Hoseok to respond, she finally closed her eyes. 

A few minutes later, she felt rustling behind her. Hoseok's hand crept out of the pile of blankets and pulled her close. He readjusted the blankets so she was fully inside them with him. He buried his face on the crook of her neck.

Seiji clutched his arms as a form of comfort and still stayed silent, allowing him to open up to her freely. 

Hoseok sniffled twice and felt Seiji's hold tighten, which made him want to cry more. "I broke up with him."

A barely audible gasp left her lips. 

"I am not okay. I don't want to talk about it now, either. Can you just sleep with me tonight?" 

Seiji didn't say anything but turned around. She ran her fingers through his tear-strained cheeks which made him let out a soft whimper. 

"I'm here," She said, intertwining her fingers with his. "I'm always here."