Melanie turned to look up at her mother and Meredith smiled softly. "You're getting so big," she whispered, leaning down to kiss her softly. "Pretty soon your daddy's going to be developing ulcers because of all the boys who want to date you. But we have some time to get him used to the idea."

As if on cue, Derek's car pulled up in front of the house, and Melanie turned to look at it with rapt fascination. "Daddy's home," Meredith whispered, tickling Melanie's tummy gently as Derek got out of the car, smiling slightly as he approached them on the outdoor couch.

Melanie giggled loudly at Meredith, her eyes widening when Derek grabbed his daughter out of Meredith's arms. "Hello my little princess," he smiled, holding her close to his chest. "Did you have a good day?"

"We did," Meredith smiled as Derek sat down beside her and pressed his lips against hers. "Did you?"

"Lost a patient," Derek sighed as Melanie nuzzled his neck, her fingers gripping his shirt tightly.

"Oh Der," Meredith sighed, leaning into his other shoulder. "Are you okay? Do you need anything?"

Derek shrugged as he pressed his lips to Melanie's head. "As okay as I can be," he sighed. "She helps. And so do you."

"Good," Meredith smiled.

"Where's Beck?" Derek murmured.

"Still sleeping," Meredith sighed.

"Long nap today?"

"She wasn't exactly interested in going to sleep when I wanted her to," Meredith sighed. "Stubborn girl."

"She really is your daughter," Derek laughed.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Meredith raised an eyebrow.

"You never want to go to sleep," Derek smiled.

"I have seven week old twins," Meredith rolled her eyes. "I always want to sleep."

"True, but...before you got pregnant."

"Well she's loud," Meredith smiled as she hooked her arm though his, leaning her head against his shoulder again. "She gets that from you."

Before Derek could respond, a soft cry came over the baby monitor and Meredith sighed as she pulled away from him. "I'll go get her."

"No," Derek shook his head, handing Melanie to her. "I'll get her. You've been doing that all day."

"Thanks," Meredith sighed as she leaned back against the cushions, holding Melanie close. "You're going to have a really hard time finding a man as amazing as your daddy," she murmured as she ran a finger over Melanie's cheek. "But don't tell him I told you that."

"Here we go," Derek sighed as he walked back onto the porch, Becky secure in his arms. "Shepherd family time."

"Hmm," Meredith sighed as she leaned into him again, her hand working over Melanie's back. "I'm sorry you had a bad day."

"This is more than making up for it," Derek murmured, pressing his lips against the top of her head.

Meredith was silent for a few moments, and she closed her eyes, completely relishing in the moment. The cool air of the early summer evening surrounded them as they sat together on the couch, their family completely content to simply sit together.

"Are you hungry?" Derek murmured a few moments later after her stomach rumbled softly.

"A little," she sighed. "But I don't want to move."

"Me either," Derek sighed. "But they're going to be hungry soon."

"They have a little while," Meredith whispered, rubbing Melanie's back. "They had a big lunch."

Can't Help Falling in Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें