chapter 20

y/n stood back as she took a minute to watch the garage, feeling proud as she admired the decorations hanging all around, creating a bright happy aura. the last few days had been such a ride for y/n as she had felt all kinds of things, but she had learned to push everything aside due to the bigger issue that had the people she cared most for involved in. y/n spun when she heard feet scuff along the concrete, when she lifted her gaze a light smile formed at her lips when she met the person.

"what do you think?" the girl grinned, throwing up jazz hands in an attempt to lighten the mood. the boy chuckled, rushing his hands through his hair as he took in the decorations hung all around.

"i cannot believe i dragged you all into this mess." the boy scoffed, digging his hands through his pockets. the girls smile faded into a thin line, a stern look taking over.

"luke, we aren't talking about this today. just go rehearse then get ready." the girl ordered brushing past him, leaving him no time to bite back. the boy sighed as he made his way into the garage where he was greeted by his bandmates.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the space was flooded with people chatting, excitement bubbling through the air as the sky turnd dark. y/n watched the scene through the windows of the garage door before spinning around to shout at the boys, sighing as they still weren't ready. 

"we open in 5! hurry up!" julie shouted, rushing past the boys in an attempt to tidy the space.

"julie, y/n! we need you out now. boys remember they'll knock twice before opening the door, so be ready!" flynn exclaimed before slipping out the back. y/n stood as the boys prepared, her eyes guiding her to the beanie boy who sat further away, feet tapping as he slouched into the black leather sofa. it was almost as if he had heard the girl, when his heard turned to meet her eyes, a smile pulling at his lips as their eyes locked, like their eyes were telling each other everything they wanted to say, neither of them could deny the melody that their hearts sang with a beat like no other. but reality had to kick in as their eyes were separated, which made the pair snap out of their gaze as the girl was being tugged away by her curly haired friend.

"it's go time, don't suck guys!" julie grinned as her and y/n snuck out through the back. the cool breeze immediately greeting the girls, a shiver rushing through y/n as her arms froze under the night sky. 

"thank you all so much for coming!" julie shouted as cheers erupted, even chants forming ecstatic for the band to begin. y/n smiled at the crowd sending a cheer of her own towards the trio as her eyes glued onto julie watching for her sign. and there it was the first knock, and the second knock granting the girls to pull open the doors. people screaming as the boys entered, wasting no time to begin diving into their music. the night went perfect, better than expected. y/n's head occasionally bopped along to the tunes playing in front of her as her eyes watched the boy in the front who was so focused on his guitar. the large grin that came from his face made butterflies dance in y/n's stomach as all the coldness from her body left because luke was enough to be her warmth. the way he reminded her of the sun, being the light to y/n's life  and keeping her going each day. 

when the boy in the beanie finished playing a grin plastered on his voice, the chanting and screaming crowd fuelled him, but never as much as the girl who he loved, when his eyes trailed and watched her laugh and cheer, his heart played a melody like he has never heard before, something so perfect and whether it was the adrenaline pumping through him or the aura of the night but the girl that stood near him reminded him so much of the moon, how she let others shine and always let people first, just like the moon let the sun shine. and maybe luke himself was the sun and in some way this was their love story but he knew that he loved y/n so much that he would die every night to let her breathe. 

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the crowd that was once full with hundreds of chanting people was now cut down to eight people who all slumped in their seats, sighs escaping as they all began to speak about the show, all snuggled tightly with one another in an attempt to battle the cold harsh winds and show their love. all except for the sun and moon, y/n had excused herself from the group to escape them all, watching all the stars that danced with the moon, the breeze becoming a comforting feeling as the girl took the time to ponder on her thoughts.

"hey" a deeper voice spoke, which y/n had no intentions on acknowledging as she was deep in her thoughts. 

"are you ok?" the voice spoke again this time placing his hand on the small of the girls back, which made he jump as she was brought back.

"oh yeah, sorry just thinking." the girl answered which made the boy nod in response. the silence being both comfortable yet not right as the pair had so much to say, yet they enjoyed the silence as it didn't remind them of the fighting and bad times. "great show." the girl said which made the boy chuckle as they both leaned closer into one another, accepting the warmth they each provided.

"i probably would've played better if i wasn't staring at you so much" the boy answered, his words vibrating against y/n as her face felt like it was on fire, butterflies no longer dancing but instead squirming around. the girl didn't know what to say so instead she leaned closer into the boy and his arm found his way snaked around her, nuzzling into his warmth. 

the pair left it there, not saying a word but the two being comfortable in each others embrace, wishing they could be like this for eternity. but the sun has to rise and moon must fall until the time comes where they meet again. because they were in love, but sometimes love was forbidden.

a/n:

omg im so sorry for being so inactive but i SWEAR i will update regularly, im also sorry for a short chapter but i think i know where i want this to go so fingers crossed it works. also thank you guys so so much for the love and support, im so grateful <3

p.s i tried writing it differently so lmk if you like this better

love you all xoxo