chapter 2

present

You sat in your chair scribbling all over you book and continuously glancing back to the clock, it was like time was your worst enemy on a Friday afternoon and it didn't help that it was one of the things that you never understood, poetry. How could people write a whole poem about a tree? When the bell finally rang you threw everything into your bag, threw it over your shoulder and raced out of the door to catch up with your best friends Julie and Flynn.

"That was actually the most boringest lesson ever" You sighed placing your arms around both of them and letting out as loud and long sigh causing the pair to giggle.

"I say to celebrate y/ns passion for poetry we head over to that new cafe" Flynn flashes smiles at her friends

"Yes yes yes, please get me out of here" Julie states, you and Flynn laugh and you shut your locker.

"And I wanna go now" She demands, grabbing both of you and linking her arms with yours, skipping out of school.

Once you get there and order you start talking and filling each other in until Julie changes the conversation and the tone of her voice.

"Guys, I need to tell you something" You and Flynn stop laughing and lean in to hear what Julie has to say.

"Is everything ok Jules?" Flynn says, the look on her face exact to yours. Concerned. 

"I'm gonna perform tonight at the school disco."

You both stare at Julie, jaws practically on the floor.

"JULIE! THIS IS GREAT!" You squeal, leaping out from the booth, pulling Julie out and squeezing her, Flynn joining in.

"Jules we're so proud. What made you decide to play again?"

Julie pulls away and sits back down, as do you and Flynn.

"Well.. nothing really. I just thought maybe I need to do what mom wants me to do and maybe because I want to get back into the music program with my best friends?" She giggles then begins to speak again.

"But I sorta didn't ask to perform, so uh I don't know how that'll go, it's honestly all last minute"

"Just know we'll be by your side cheering you on" You all share a smile and dig into your food.