chapter 17

the night was a blur all i remember is the pain i felt before i left, i stumbled around shouting out names until i saw alex and willie, i don't know if it was the alcohol or pain that made me feel like this.

"oh hey guys" i mumbled slumping down on the ground while snuffling

"geez y/n what happened to you?" willie laughed, alex didn't say anything, he observed my face before making an o shape with his lips.

"y/n are you, crying?" alex asked staring at me

i wiped my eyes which didn't help at all, the confrontation only made my eyes swell up more.

"me? what? no!" i managed to reply with, biting my lip in between to stop the tears

alex frowned "y/n tell us, what happened?"

i gulped, looking down while fidgeting with the hem of my dress. i couldn't help it but the tears just fell.

"luke he..." i couldn't finish, i was in so much pain

willies face turned to a worried expression matching alex's

"he what?" alex asked, reaching out to grab my hand giving it a warm squeeze

"he cheated.. on.. me" i cried, i was so embarrassed

"what the fuck?" willie shouted, grabbing a bottle of water and handing it to me

"with who y/n, what was he doing?"

"he was kissing brianna" i stuttered before removing my hand from alex's to take a mouth full of the water

"fuck this, we're leaving" willie said

"y/n do you want the others to know?" alex asked

"i don't know, i don't want to ruin the friendship between us all"

"it wouldn't be your fault, he was the one who decided to make the wrong choice" alex replied

"i'll tell the others we're leaving" willie said as he got up and left

"i'm so sorry y/n"

"it's not your fault"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"he did what?!" julie shouted, we had all gone home and sat in julies garage.

"what the hell was he thinking?" flynn scoffed "i knew that boy was trouble"

reggie didn't say anything, he just sat there with a shocked and confused look on his face.

as i told the others everything in more detail when i finished crying we heard a car door shut and footsteps, as i thought luke entered the room, everyone stopping what they were saying and glaring at luke.

"can i talk to y/n?" luke asked, i didn't dare look at him, i just got up and brushed past him

"i'm going to bed."

i slammed my door shut and jumped into bed, of course i wasn't tired i just couldn't bare to see him so it was better to hide out then sit there with him or even worse, talk to him.

it was the worst night sleep ever, it had only just been an hour but i was restless, i couldn't get comfortable and no matter how hard i tried
my thoughts wouldn't leave me, as i shut my eyes once more i bolted up to the noise coming from my window, i crawled out from my sheets to peer at the window.

of course, there was luke knocking on my window, and here i was about to make the dumbest decision ever. i slowly pulled the window open, stepping to the side to let luke in. i sat down on my bed and waited for whatever he was about to say.

"y/n i really don't know where to start, i feel like such an idiot"

i looked up and met his face, bags hung from his puffy red teary eyes.

"well maybe that's because you are an idiot. why did you do it luke? why were you kissing brianna?" i asked

"i don't know!" luke snapped

"oh you don't know? so you randomly decided to make out with brianna?"

"y/n i don't know why i did it! she kept giving me drinks and they tasted really good and next thing i know she kissed me and i kissed her back!"

wait, if i listened to what he said correctly, brianna loaded him up on alcohol to make him drunk enough to kiss her? i wanna forgive him and take him back, but how dumb would i look.

"luke i think it's best you leave."

"you want me to leave? i said sorry y/n, what else can i do?"

"just go luke, too much has happened tonight." i expected luke to go but i was wrong when he completely snapped at me

"how do you think i feel? huh? i've just lost my girlfriend by doing the stupidest thing i could have ever done! worse than eating a killer hotdog, worse than anything like that! i fucked up and am trying to show you how sorry i am, but your just gonna push me away?"

i just stood there, trying to take that all in, this shouldn't be about him, it's about how he hurt me.

"luke i'm telling you to leave, i can't take this all in right now"

"you do that y/n" he scoffed, that was it

"how am i being treated like this is my fucking mess luke? you were the one that made the choice to kiss her, not me! you cant blame this on me for not making a decision so quickly!" tears swelled in my eyes again, my throat closed up and it felt like i couldn't breath, i looked up at luke while trying to take in deep breaths. his eyes were dripping in tears and he was sniffling.

"i'm sorry y/n, i really am." he whispered, his voice shaky and tight, he stepped forward, making me step back, he slightly nodded and left.