chapter 1

hi! thank you for ready my story! this is the first time i'm actually doing something like this. this first chapter is just a little background on you, y/n.  this is also set in past tense. enjoy reading!

You had always considered to live a lucky life. You had a supporting family and supporting friends, which is all you needed. Your life wasn't always this happy when you were younger, you always thought it was a luxury being an only child, getting all the attention and spoilt rotten but what you didn't know is that was far from reality. You hardly got any attention and spent most free time away from school in your room, avoiding any contact with your parents, which is how you found your passion for music. It helped distract you from hearing your parents scream at each other every night. It also allowed you to write all your feelings out on paper and turn it into something musical. If they weren't at work they were at home, finding every reason to argue with each other forgetting about their abandoned daughter all alone upstairs. This was all until your mother and father had finally done the right thing and divorced even though it was one of the hardest things for you to go through, alone. After your mother cheated on your dad with her boss. They finally decided to end things, you thought everything would be ok now, maybe they would work things out and you could spend time equally with your parents, maybe they weren't right for each other but they were your parents and you knew they would support you for your whole life, or so you thought. Your father ended up with full custody of you, sitting in court watching your mother not giving any shits what happened with you absolutely broke you. Not long after your dad had too much stress, working long nights to afford the house, afford dinner and give you the things he said you deserved, he then met alcohol and it calmed him. It was the thing he could rely on to keep him going. It became an addiction and you saw it slowly ruining him. It tore your heart apart knowing he needed help. You went across the road to the only person you considered a friend and told her everything, her parents listened and shortly your dad was in a better place, recovering from his terrible addiction, the family of 4 took you in and they made you feel so special, wanted. You finally had a family, a real family who loved and cared for you. 

It had been nearly a year since your dad had gone away and today was the big day that he would be good to go. You headed to the garage and looked through some of his stuff, sitting on the piano you read a song he wrote, finding the keys and playing the tune, before you can begin to sing your phone begins to ring. When you answer, the only words that flow through your mind was your father, won't come home, passed away. Everything was going on in your mind at once, your only reaction is to scream, tears flow down rapidly, you couldn't lose him. Footsteps is all you can hear and then arms wrap around you, pulling you in tightly "Hey hey hey, what's happened?" "He's gone Rose, he's dead." You're only pulled in tighter and comforted "Shhh deep breaths, everything will be ok." And with that they were known as your family. You finally had a family, a real family who loved and cared for you.

When Mrs Molina passed you were very much upset but knew how hurt your now best friend and family would take it, you made it your goal to be there for them in the same way they were for you. The worst thing being that when you lost both your mother and dad that strong passion you had for music went away and you dared to never perform, Julie on the other hand was always there for you and helping you get on the right path to start singing and playing again but when her mum passed, she too stopped singing. Your fun memories duetting in costume with full choreography in front of Mr and Mrs Molina always brought a smile to your face. What if bringing singing back for Julie and yourself was what everyone needed.