chapter 4

On your whole way home with Julie, she told you everything from when she first met the boys and how they prompted her to sing again. She told you all this because she knew you could see them too. Her theory was that they're here to bring music back to us and that in return we give them the ability to be seen when they perform. When you got to the garage you were greeted by the three familiar faces from the dance. And that stupidly cute beanie boy who gave you another smirk. You look away and break the silence.

"So you're ghosts?"

"Uh, yep we are." The blonde boy said as he fished his hands in his pockets.

"Woah, uh well you guys were really good tonight." You smiled at them all "I'm y/n"

"Alex" The blonde one said who returned the smile.

"Hi! I'm Reggie, so cool that you can see us! Can your other friend see us?"

Julie shook her head and so did you. 

"She doesn't even know you guys are ghosts" Julie looked down and frowned.

"But! Julie's gonna explain to her that you guys are ghosts by inviting her over tomorrow and singing with you guys. Right Julie?" You held Julies shoulder and rested your head on it.

"Uh well um the guys and I aren't really a ba-"

"We'll do it! As long as Julie joins our band" The beanie boy said.

"Well then it's a deal!" You smiled at the boy and got off Julie.

"Oh I'm Luke, by the way" Luke stood forward and out his hand forward. You laughed at his gesture "We can touch?" The others laughed and Luke went red realising what he did.

"No, we can't touch each other." Julie said. You lifted your eyebrow up "Well have you tried?" You walked over to Reggie and went to poke him, your finger pushing on his dimple. Reggie looked at you in shock and excitement "We can touch!" He ran over to Julie and went to hug her but ran right through. Everyone looked at you "So only I can touch you guys?" Reggie then sprinting towards you, his hands wrapping around you, squeezing you in for a tight hug. You smile while the others watch. "Guys you should see if you can touch y/n! Also you're a really good hugger" You laugh at the the comment and almost instantly Alex's arms pull you in for a long, warm hug. His head rests softly on your shoulder as he whispers to you "I really needed that. Thank you." He lets go after some time and steps back coughing after he realised how long they were hugging. 

"Well i'm gonna go shower and i'll be back to give you guys the song for tomorrow, please don't scare y/n off guys." You wave Julie goodbye and turn back to face the ghosts. Your eyes immediately drifting over to Luke, who's eyes were already on you. He takes a few steps closer and the other two walk off talking about their hit performance. You look down and a strand of hair falls over your face, Lukes hand rises and cups your face, his thumb lifting your chin so you're forced to meet his eyes, his hand placing the hair back behind your ear. His hand not moving. You clear your chest and step away.

"Well, I have to know about how'd you die! Whats it like being a ghost?"

You all sit around the couch laughing at how they died eating a hotdog. Their new nicknames being hotdog boys. You also learnt how popular they were and how their ex bandmate Bobby stole all their music. Once Julie arrives with the song she wants the boys to learn, you leave and almost knock out after you shower and hit the pillow. Although your thoughts were still running through your mind, would Flynn believe Julie and were you attracted to a ghost