chapter 6

(hey guys! just know in this, julie never sang wake up act like your dad wrote it before he started drinking.)

It was an early Sunday morning, you were meant to go out with the girls but said you were "sick". Carlos had a big soccer day and of course that meant Ray was going. Julie told the boys to go out and explore and not go home till at least 2:30. This meant that you had majority of the day to yourself, which was the perfect time to cleanse yourself and finally do what you've wanted to do for years, sing again. Thinking that sent shivers down your spine, something you had never thought you'd do again. Not without your number 1 supporter being by your side. You went down to the garage to find the boxes labelled Y/N. You pulled them out and searched through the things that you had left of your parents, pulling out your fathers song book. He was into music like you, before he and your mother started fighting he would always sing to you both and teach you the piano. You flicked through smiling at the lyrics and how they were about either you or your mom. Finally you stumbled upon a song called 'Wake Up' with a note 'For my princes y/n.' When looking at the date the lyrics were written you realised this song your dad wrote for you was when his stress got the better of him, it must've been his apology since he knew what was going to happen. A single tear rolled down your cheek as you wiped it and read over the chords and lyrics. 

You sat yourself down on the piano and began to play the notes and sing the lyrics. Everything came back so easily to you and you began to feel the adrenaline running through you realising how much you missed singing. Soon enough the song was over and a smile spread across your face as you took the paper in your arms. 

"Wow" a voice whispered causing you to let out a screech and jump off your seat.

"I didn't mean to scare you!" Once you had turned around you saw that the person was Luke.

"And what are you doing here?!" You crossed your arms, trying not to go red at the thought someone hear you sing.

"Well um, I got curious ok!? Julie said her and Flynn were going out, no mention of you so I thought something may have happened and um I heard this voice, amazing spectacular voice by the way from the garage and I was like no Luke don't go in their but I remembered Flynn saying you could sing so I knew it was you and then I let my curiosity get the better of me but you know to be honest I don't regre-" 

"Luke you're bluffing" You let out a small chuckle as does Luke "Sorry I do that a lot. But i mean it y/n you have a voice of an angel."

You look down trying to hide the rose colouring your cheeks "That was the first time I've sung since...." You don't finish the sentence. Silence fills the room, comfortable silence "Um well anyways Julie's gonna flip when she finds out you came home before 2:30" Luke takes a step forward and leans down to your ear "Not if she doesn't find out" he walks past you and sits down on his couch. Your eyebrows lifts up "So if I don't snitch on you, what do I get in return?" You can barley finish your sentence 
"Join our band." You look at him shocked and confused "What?"
"Join our band! Your voice is perfect and it'd be great! Please say yes y/n." "Well shouldn't this be Julie's thing? I can just sit back and fill in if she's sick?" He chuckles and looks up at you, not focusing on anything else "This isn't theatre y/n. Julie's your best friend i'm sure she wouldn't mind plus she'd probably love for you to this." You sigh and sit down next to him "Fine. Only if the others agree though!"

"Who's others?" Julie says entering the garage along with Flynn. Trailing behind were Alex and Reggie. 
"Why is everyone coming back so early?" Luke send you a look when you realise what you said. "Luke! I told you to be back at 2:30!" Oopsie. 
"Y/n asked me to come over!" You look at Luke while the rest look at you.  "Luke you do realise I can only touch and see you, not send some telepathic messages." Luke rolls his eyes "Ok maybe I didn't listen but I'm glad I didn't! I heard y/n sing and she needs to join the band!" 
"Y/n you sang?!" Julie gasps, Flynns expressions matching hers shortly after "Y/N SUNG?!" You smile and walk over to your friends placing an arm around each of them. 
"Yes yes yes! Y/n is one hundred percent joining the band!" Alex and Reggie both yell out a hooray, but Luke walks over and hugs you, nuzzling his head into your neck. "Told you so." He whispers, his warm breath sending chills through your body. Reggie soon joins in the hug, as does Alex. They all start jumping up and down. "We're in a band again!" "With live-ers!" Alex shouts, Reggie and Luke stopping and starring at him "What? It's slang for living people. Willie taught me". 
Flynn starts laughing "I can't see these ghosts and this looks hilarious!" You pull away from the boys and walk over to Flynn, putting a serious expression on your face "Flynn. Would you like to be the manager of our band featuring Julie Molina, Luke Patterson, Alex Mercer, Reggie Peters and Y/N L/N?" Flynns starts laughing again and changes her tone to serious, trying to stop bursting into fits of laughter "Y/N L/N I would like to formally accept this position to manage this band." You both start laughing, Julie joining in. "We're gonna be rich!" Reggies shouts, the three boys laughing and hugging each other. 

Later At Night

You plop down onto your bed, getting comfortable and grabbing your books from your desk, opening them up and finishing the homework you forgot to do from Friday. A few minutes later you feel the bed shift and look up to see Luke, setting himself down on your bed. "Whatcha doingg?" He asks "Homework" you sigh and continue answering stupid math questions "Looks boring" he chuckles trying to understand the questions "Oh no Luke it's super duper fun." You both laugh and you finally get half way done. "Are you done yet?" Luke asks after five minutes. "Nope" "Oh". You continue working trying to finish so you can go to sleep. "Does it matter if you do your homework?" "If I wanna stay in the music programme, then yes." "Why don't you drop out? Schools overrated anyway." You look up at him "What happens if I try to pursue music and fail? I'll end up ugly and homeless." He laughs and mumbles "Maybe not ugly." You force yourself to act like you didn't hear his comment. Luke gets up and looks around your room, moments pass and you slam your books shut. "Done!" Luke turns and jumps onto your bed. 
"Finally!" He gets himself comfortable and so do you, well at least you try to. You toss and turn trying to find the perfect spot while beanie boy just admires you, after enough witnessing he grabs you by the waist and pulls you towards him, all it took was some shuffling and you found yourself in the perfect position, head rested on his chest with his arms securing you. You take one last turn before your eyes shut, you pull his beanie off and smile "I kinda dig the no beanie" He grins widely at you before you knock out, getting a great night sleep.