Chapter 79: Defeat

Corvus kept Vision pinned down against the dirt, his glaive stabbed through the android's chest. "I thought you were formidable, machine. But you're dying like any man." The foreigner tugged his weapon back, pointing it towards the Mind Stone.

Before he could try break the stone out of the machine's skull, Steve Rogers tackled him away. The two rolled a couple times before clambering onto their feet.

Corvus immediately tried to slash down the man, but Steve was faster and landed a punch to his face. He spun around for a moment, facing the downed Vision. "Get out of here!"

He turned around again, just in time to land another great punch on Corvus, followed by another two. "Go!" He shouted again. The android dragged himself away slightly, but didn't seem to be in a rush.

Corvus swung his weapon down at Steve, forcing him to block the attack with one of his arm shields before swinging another of his own attacks. The strike hit nothing but the wind as Glaive sidestepped and pushed him back.

Corvus then slammed his blade against Steve's left shield, using his other hand to grab the man by the neck and throw him back through a log. Steve flipped from the velocity, clattering across the dirt as he tried to regain himself. Corvus charged after him and leapt over what was left of the log, stabbing his glaive down just beside Steve's head as the man rolled away.

Steve then kicked the weapon away from Corvus, sending it sliding into the grass. The alien just ignored this and snapped a clawed hand around Steve's throat, slamming him down without a hint of remorse.

He hastily pressed his weight down on him, making it even harder for the struggling man to break out of the hold. Steve grabbed at the hands around his neck, trying and failing to break out of the other man's grip.

Suddenly a sharp swing of metal pierced the air, making a quick cutting noise. In a mere moment, one of Corvus' arms slowly glided down and hit the ground, leaving the man stunned as he stared at the blood.

A hand quickly reached around, two fingers tapping against Glaive's chest and creating a black sphere. Just as had happened earlier, the ball immediately expanded to cover the man before shrinking down again and disappearing. Because of how quick everything had happened, it left Steve shocked as he now stared up at (Y/N) who had a bored expression on his face.

"If those two clowns were the ones who arrived in New York, then I think this day would've been over before it started." The man said with a yawn. He offered a hand down to Steve and the man took it, climbing to his feet,

"What, you been sleeping?" Steve asked as he began breathing rapidly, trying to refill the oxygen he had lost.

"Don't even get me started." (Y/N) narrowed his eyes. He glanced back at Vision as he saw Wanda landing down beside him, running to check over him.

A sudden scream from Vision wasn't exactly a good sign. It in fact made a many of the people start stressing, including Wanda.

"What? What is it?" The Sokovian girl knelt down beside him. The android was looking around with a terrified expression.

"He's here..."

There was an ominous gust to the wind. The rattling of the trees branches became almost unbearable to listen to without feeling somewhat anxious after that statement.

"Everyone on my position. We have incoming." Steve ordered into the comms.

"Shit. If he's here, then..." (Y/N) trailed off, assuming that meant everyone back on Titan had been defeated. The other heroes filtered into the forest with faces just as wary.