Chapter 52: Taskmaster

2nd Person POV

You had literally nothing to do. Why was hiding so boring? You'd literally just been taking up time by meditating. But you were tired of that already and your insomnia wasn't allowing you to sleep even with how dark it was right now.

So you laid there across the couch, tilting your head towards Natasha and listening to her repeat the lines from Moonraker.

"Why did you break up the encounter with my pet python? Because I discovered he had a crush on me." Natasha spoke along with the men, making you groan. This sucked.

A low rumble echoed through the trailer as the electric went out, making you sit up and look around. Totally not creepy.

"That's not at all terrifying." You said, slowly standing up as Natasha was looking around the same.

"I thought your whole thing was scaring people, yet you're afraid of the dark?" Natasha taunted, yet knew either her or you would have to check the generator. She stood up, closing her laptop and walking to the door.

"I'm not afraid of the dark, I'm just wary to what it can hide. After all, the shadows are where I thrive. So- hey, wait a second!" You suddenly cut yourself off as you watched this crazy bitch go to open the door.

"This is how every stupid son of a bitch dies in a horror movie. You don't go check the damn generator, that's where Myers is lurking and waiting." You walked over, trying to stop her but she had already opened the door.

"Would you stop it? Real life isn't a horror movie. I'm not gonna get stabbed by Scream." Natasha rolled her eyes and descended the stairs.

"Actually the killer's name is Ghostface. Get your facts, Romanoff." You weren't pleased by her calling the killer by the title of the movie. This wasn't Naruto where the name corresponds to the MC.

The two of you left the trailer and walked around to the generator. Natasha started trying to restart the thing while you stood guard, no matter how much she told you not to. You weren't getting knifed today by some psychopath.

"I think you're overreacting a little." Ultron chimed in to agree with Natasha.

"And you shut up, sir. You're not part of this conversation." You said aloud. Nat looked back at you with a squint.

"Who the hell are you talking to?" She asked, pulling on the motor to try get it back up.

"The demons in my head." You joked. Would've been easier to explain than saying Ultron. Nat just shrugged, seeing that as plausible before going back to the generator. You didn't see it starting up. Mainly because there was probably no fuel in the thing.

"Would you cut it out? It's empty. I'd be able to smell the fuel from here, I have enhanced senses." You quickly pulled on her arm and she gave up. She stood up with a sigh, grabbing the jerry can from next to the generator which was apparently empty.

"Well, looks like we're going to get fuel. And you're coming with me." Nat walked past you, strolling towards the car. Seriously? You grumbled before following after her. She put the can in the back and walked to the driver's side. You paused as you were about to open the passenger side door. Something felt off.

"Cmon." Natasha said as she shut her door. There was almost a nervous roll in your stomach and it made you back off.

"I'll drive alongside you." You raised your palm up, manifesting your bike next to you. Nat just shrugged her head, not wanting to sit around for long. You jumped on the motorcycle as Nat began driving, leaving to follow just behind her,