Chapter 30: Safe House

2nd Person POV

"The news is loving you guys. Nobody else is." Maria's voice came through the quinjet's radio. It was back to flying, this time with depression in the air. When you asked Natasha and Thor if they wanted you to help clear their minds, Natasha unconvincingly said she was fine, and Thor said he wanted to think about what he saw. So in your opinion, they were both idiots.

You were sat with Steve. He wasn't telling you what he saw, but you weren't really going to pry. If she had managed to get in your mind, you couldn't help but wonder what you would've seen. Well, technically you did know what it would've been, and you knew it would've been quite a punch in the gut.

"There's been no official call for Banner's arrest but it's in the air." Maria continued. Yes, it was your fault that Hulk had gone on a rampage. Yes, you could've stopped Wanda from setting him off. Yes, you felt slightly guilty about it. But you knew what you were doing. The pros outweighed the cons... maybe.

"The Stark Relief Foundation?" Tony asked. You, him and Clint were the only ones who were really mentally stable at the moment.

"Already on the scene. How's the team?" Maria questioned.

"Just dandy." You mumbled but it wasn't loud enough for her to hear.

"Everyone's..." Tony paused, glancing over his shoulder at everyone. "We took a hit. We'll shake it off."

"Well, for now, I'd stay in stealth mode and stay away from here." Maria stated. She made a valid point. It probably wasn't in the best interest to just return to New York now.

You stood up, lightly patting Steve's shoulder in reassurance that he'd be fine before slowly walking over to the pilot's seat as Tony wrapped up the conversation with Maria.

"So, run and hide?" Tony tilted his head.

"Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer." Maria exhaled.

"Neither do we." Tony sighed along with her, ending the call. You moved past him and stepped towards Clint, resting a hand on his seat.

"You want me to takeover?" You asked. After trial and error, him and Natasha had taught you how to fly just a little while back. It was only a few months ago or so when they said you were ready to pilot, and since then you had basically never done so.

"No, it's fine. Plus, I don't wanna wake up in the middle of the Atlantic with your flying." Clint said in a mix of a seriousness and joking tone. He glanced back at you, a soft expression on his face. "If you wanna get some kip, now's a good time because we're still a few hours out."

"A few hours from where?" Returning to his first statement; that probably wouldn't happen. It was rare that you slept very long. Your powers apparently included mild insomnia. Unless you were weakened, you didn't get very tired.

"A safe house." Clint answered. That wasn't really the answer you were looking for, but you weren't complaining.

"This house is nice." You said with a surprised hum. All of you were strolling up onto the doorstep of Clint's 'safe house'. It was a fairly desolate area and was a nice change from crowded cities.

"Still doing some refurbishment." Clint stated, pushing the door open as he helped walk with Nat. The two entered inside, followed by Tony and Thor, followed by you and Steve, then Banner at the back.

As soon as you were inside, you were actually really amazed by the place. It was a nice home. Not nicer than your own, by a long shot, but it was certainly good.