Chapter 40: Secretary Ross

A/N: So, I got very... very bored. And just out of that boredom, I was thinking. "Hmm. I'm gonna edit a video of what I assume some poor soul would see if they killed (Y/N)'s dog."

Here's some nightmare fuel if you guys want it. For the rest of you who are mentally sane, unlike myself at 5am (at the time of writing this note) right now, enjoy!

2nd Person POV

You sat on your bed- or at least the one you had at the compound. You kinda missed your home, which was technically over in California (the house itself was in Los Angeles, but you almost always got there by connecting a doorway to the home with your powers and leaving an etching on the ground to return).

With Ultron's verbal guidance, you had been crafting a visor like accessory that you could slide over one eye. It worked like Sam's goggles and helped to scan through buildings and pick out enemies. But it's main function was to act as an eye for Ultron. That way he could see what you were seeing like Tony and Friday.

It made you feel like a Dragon Ball Z character with a scouter.

"I still can't believe you allowed me access to your own equipment, yet not the internet." Ultron complained in a bratty tone. You rolled your eyes as you tightened one of the bolts that was on the visor.

"My equipment has its limits, just like you should." You said as if you were his parent, which at this point you were at least his guardian. You placed the visor down on your bedside cabinet, turning towards the tv and pulling your remote to your hand.

"You already locked my consciousness in my chip. I couldn't escape if I wanted to." Ultron continued but you just sighed. When you were on missions, you placed the AI chip in a slot in your suit's neck piece. When you were lounging around, you had found a way to connect it with your mother's pendant.

The chip would let out a scrambled frequency that was too high for normal humans to hear, and you could use your little spiritual radio bending powers to translate it into words that only you could hear. Long story short: you were a genius.

Eddie could get away with talking to himself, but you couldn't. That was probably something to keep in mind. The sound of faint speaking started to become more noticeable from behind the wall near your tv. You slowly rose to your feet, stepping closer to the wall and closing your eyes so you could focus.

"They are operating outside and above the international law. Because that's the reality, if we don't respond to acts like these." Now, you understood. The news. Also known as full blown muppets.

You sighed, placing one hand on a shadow being cast on your door. You slipped into the darkness of it, climbing back out on the darkened ceiling of the next room.

Wanda stared at her tv, resting her head against her hand as she listened to the reporters.

"What legal authority does an enhanced individual like Wanda Maximoff have to operate in Nigeria?" Those were the last words that got through the speakers before the tv shut off with a turn of your wrist. You dropped down from the ceiling, landing softly on Wanda's bed behind her in a kneel.

"Could've sworn we agreed no moping when I first started training you." You commented. Wanda didn't look over at you, she just kept staring at the blank tv screen.

"It's my fault." She said quietly. Oh, lord. The Sokovia flashbacks you were getting. You crawled forward to sit beside her at the end of the bed.