Chapter 43: Hello Again

"I assume she told you to leave it alone?" You asked as you sensed Steve return to you and Sam. The two of you had been sat in a cafe while Steve went to talk to Natasha.

You raised your hand to your mouth, sliding a Reese's cup inside that you had bought. Regular Reese's was no Reese's Pieces, but it got the job done; satisfaction.

"How'd you guess?" Steve sighed while still trying to look inconspicuous as if he wasn't talking to you.

"She might have a point." Sam said as he ate whatever the hell he had bought. Evidently if Steve was to step into this, he'd be going against the law. That was something you were down to get in on.

"He'd do it for me." Steve replied.

"1945, maybe." Sam shrugged. "I just wanna make sure we're considering all our options."

"The people that shoot at you tend to wind up shooting at us." You said, peering at Steve. It wasn't a complaint by any means. You were simply reminding him of the fact. Another set of footsteps approached, revealing Sharon as she stood at Steve's right.

"Tips have been pouring in since that footage went public. Everybody thinks the Winter Soldier goes to their gym." Sharon began quietly, trying not to be overheard. "Most of its noise. Except for this." She slid a document down to Steve.

"My boss expects a briefing, pretty much now... so that's all the head start you're gonna get." She added.

"Works for me." You said, looking down the bar at her.

"You're gonna have to hurry. We have orders to shoot on sight." She glanced at Steve as she backed away and left.

"Sounds like a challenge. I like it." You smirked. You couldn't help but wonder just how Bucky was going to take this, though.

"Remember those words if you get your ass kicked." Sam looked at you, his expression bright as yours dimmed slightly. You technically won your last fight with Bucky. Sure, you lost the first time, and you had a bit of help from Steve the second time.

"The keyword there is 'if'. I'm too much of a champion now. I've fought tooth and nail. I've put blood, sweat and tears into my training. I'd call myself something of a god among men at the moment." You rolled your shoulders as if to prove your strength. Steve turned to you with a curious expression and Sam just chortled.

"Do you hear that? That's the ego train arriving at (Y/N) station." Sam joked, putting a hand up to his ear to symbolise listening for the metaphorical train. You'd give him kudos for the joke and the fact he was right. Your ego did tend to inflate, and you could live happily with that.

"You guys don't have to come with me." Steve said, ignoring the banter.

"Are you kidding? We signed up for this ages ago." You playfully punched Steve in his arm, making him grab it and mutter a 'hey!'

"We're coming too." Sam agreed. Steve nodded, looking ahead as if he was about to say some inspirational hero sentence.

"Let's go get this son of a b-ucky." You copied Steve's voice.

You and Steve skulked into what you presumed to be Bucky's apartment. The place wasn't exactly homey, that was for sure. There was a single mattress on the floor that looked like a makeshift bed.

"What a brilliant interior decorator he is." You joked, stepping over the mattress and a blanket as Steve wandered over to the refrigerator, apparently spotting something.

"You're one to talk." Steve mumbled as he reached up to grab something from the top of the refrigerator. Was that a dig at your bedroom? Your room at the compound wasn't exactly perfect. The walls had different horror posters scattered across them, with figures and miniature statues on some of your desks.

Shadow Of Darkness: Avengers x Male Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें